TMI

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Question for you folks.

I am starting a CNA (certified nursing assistant) program next month. I am required to wear scrubs. Caribbean blue top with white pants and white shoes. Got that covered where to get them.

They say we can't wear thongs. no worries I do not own any. And that the undies have to be white so they do not show through the scrubs.

Here is the TMI part
    My problem is I wear boxer-briefs. I looked at wally world and most of them are solid colors. The only ones that came packaged as all white are either the tighty whities or the boxers. Briefs cut my inseam and boxers are just to loose. And with gas prices the way they are going I just can not afford to drive all around looking for them.

So in your travels if you find yourself in a mens dept and happen to notice white boxer-briefs, just give me a heads up where you saw them. Whether it be Target, Kohl's BJ's, Steinmart, TJ Maxx.....

Thanks and sorry if I offended anyone.

2. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

LOL...no offense here...you can get them at target...
    They have just the white, and they have the stretchy kind of sporty ones too...that are boxer briefs...

Good Luck!!

I have been through the same program with the same colors!
    Enjoy!
    Its fun...

3. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

white shows through white as much as any bright color does... you'd be better to get a shade close to or slightly darker than your natural skin color.
    (and, just an fyi for the chicks out there, thongs show through, too, and believe me, the response is NEVER 'hey babe', it's always 'ewwww')...

4. Rockyv58

Thanks. Next time I am out towards Target I will try there. I just think boxer-briefs are just more comfortable for me. And why are these old folks looking at my undies :)

The whole point from what I understand is while doing clinicals I will be at two different nursing homes and they don't want to upset the elderly patients with seeing colored undies or thongs.

Another thing they require is that I wear and old fashioned analog watch and not a digital watch. I guess its to keep track of the seconds. Though digital watches are just as acurate.

5. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Rocky, you are correct on all fronts...and rears...:lol:

You will have a lot of fun at both nursing homes, we had a blast with all the residents there, they loved all the extra attention and they were very funny and sweet!

6. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

If they are so concerned about the undies ... why not chose a pant color other than white? Seems there are a ton of different scrub color and design options out there.

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

One word....Commando.

8. Rockyv58

NCMOM yea I agree with you, they should not use the white pants, If the top is caribbean the pants should be the same color. But heck I don't make the rules. Just have to follow them. This way by September I can have some income coming in.

And thanks FrameMaMa, on my way back from Raleigh I stopped at the Target in White Oak and found the. A three pack for 9.99.

I am going to email my accountant to see if I can write them off my taxes as either education or as work expense. I'd love to see that entry on a tax form :)

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

there should be a "like" button on here. if so, i "like" grinder and ncmom's answers. stupids asking for white pants. what's the point? there are SO many better colors. good luck in your coverup mission!

10. Rockyv58

Yea thanks all.

Though a classmate of mine suggested these:

[​IMG]

Don't think the white scrubs bottom will cover that