Tonight, 12/04 in Benson..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ECAVE, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Anyone going to the tree lighting and parade in Benson tonight?

2. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

We've been going for the past few years. A few years ago, they didn't have a parade but just had main street closed with horse&buggy rides and things all up and down the street. Then for the last year or two, they've had a parade.
    I'm planning to go tonight but would like to know more about the activities scheduled. Haven't been able to find out anything. The town and chamber websites just show that "Christmas on Main" starts at 6 PM tonight but says little else.

By the way, kudoos to the Christmas in Cleveland last night. Great job everyone!!! My kids had a blast and we got a family pix with Santa!!

3. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

We are going tonight.

4. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

My kid brought a flier home a couple days ago and I breezed through it.
    Entertainment at the corner of 301 and Main @ 6.
    Parade at about 6:45. My son is marching with SJHS band. Santa after the parade. Also a pet contest. Didn't get all the info on this.
    Shops on main are open until 9 I think. Library has a light show until 8:30.
    I believe there is some other entertainment on main.
    Polar Express showing at Barefoot Aud. @ 8:30.

Hope this helps.

5. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Wonderful as always!!

LOVE this parade and activities afterwards. Small town closeness and not so crowded with everyone pushing and grumpy like larger parades!!!

6. Tangerine

We thought the parade was crappy this year.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Did some lady steal candy from you?

8. Tangerine

Somebody stole it cause I didn't get any. They blocked the streets too and I had to go way out of my way.

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:boxing::jester::jester:

10. Tangerine

Ain't that the truth. We had to go way out of our way just to get to the ABC store. I'm regretting that this morning though.

11. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

I parked right by the ABC store. Didn't pay it a visit though. I stay away from that stuff.

The parade was a little lacking but I think it was because the three trains that came through. I like the small town closeness without the crowd myself.

12. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Parade was not as great as years passed

Tangy - I have to agree that it was not as good as in years passed. I was mainly disappointed in the fewer entries. I always enjoyed Santa on his sleigh pulled by horse 'deers' He was on a fire engine at the end of the parade.