TOP GUN

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

OK, so this is my cheesy movie post for the evening. Yeah, the acting SUX despite the cast but the real stars were always the aircraft (and the CJ Heatley photography).

I'm probably a little overly sentimental about this, but I touched almost every aircraft in this movie one way or another. Some I helped put to sleep (A-6, A-7, F-14), but some I helped live a little longer (F-5, H-52) but they're all gone now.

Peace.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's VERY cool!!!!

DH is X Airforce

Hoo Rah ? :lol::lol:

3. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

While not being Navy I haven't played with any of the plans listed other than taking part of ORE's I have put to bed a few planes during my time in the USAF such as the F-4, technically the A-10 and C-141.

Used to be that I loved such planes as the F-15 strike Eagles, F-16's F-111, that was until I was stationed at a based that had A-10's. Ugly Duckling describes it the best, and they weren't called tank killers for nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXg6J9upaCg

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I think that's the Marines...

6. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Too funny, I was just thinking about this movie yesterday after reading Kelly McGillis just wed her partner the other day in a civil union (didn't look but I think the link was posted above)

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I know. :lol::lol:

8. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's cheesy either. It is one of the probably less than 10 movies I'd stop the channel-surfing any time for even if it's in the middle of the movie....Shawshank...Men in Black...Star Wars...Hunt for Red October... :)

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same here, wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen it. Tom Cruise was something else before he got weird. :jester:

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yep Yep and Yep... but I have to add Dances With Wolves to that list!

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

ditt-o

take my breath away.....

12. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

I can do without Kevin Costner most days...but it is a pretty movie (scenery and such). :) Oh, speaking of pretty movies, A River Runs Through It. How relaxing is watching fly-fishing through a babbling brook?!

13. KellBell

and Legends of the Fall....

will stop in my tracks to watch that at any given point in the movie.

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We ground pounders loved the A10's. Always felt like they were frustrated infantrymen who liked playing in the mud as much as we did.

15. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

oh, and back to the other point of this thread...i stop on any sort of air show type tv show as well...go running outside when i hear a rumble in the distance to see if i can catch a glimpse through the treetops...one of our best vacations ever was the first flight celebration in 2003. i could lay there in the grass (if it weren't for the tiny cacti!) all day and just watch all the aircraft overhead.

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Volleyball...

'nuff said.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:drool::drool::drool:

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ummmmmm..... :iagree:

I also stop and watch Forest Gump too... any where in that movie is just classic.

19. KellBell

:cheers:

20. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Has any one been to the Air Musuim in Pensacola Florida?
    That Place Just made my Mouth water. I Could have spent the Night there. But they made me go. This place was Totaly Awsome. Brought back some memories and Refreshed some That I had forgotten. And the Flight simulator was Bitchen.
    Oh Yea I served in the Navy and the Army. Glutten for Punnishment I guess.
    Keep rockin fellow Vets.