Topsail Drive

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Just heard on ABC11 that there was a drug bust on Topsail drive. Can not find an online article yet to go along with it. But yesterday on my way home around 3pm I was driving down Josephine road and noticed that the cops had Bald Head Island drive blocked off. and looking down into the development I could see a few more police cars at the corner of Bald Head Island and Topsail Drive.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I didn't see that posting. A title of 'So what's going on around Polenta Elementary? ' would of thrown me from what was going on Topsail Dr.

4. Roadman

Roadman Member

There was a large scale effort by the US Marshalls to apprehend two fugitives. Wanted for armed robbery, narcotics trafficking, and assault on a law enforcement officer. They arrested a woman living at the home on narcotics charges after a semi-high speed chase down Josephine. They proceeded to search the home finding cocaine (in kilos) and quantities of marijauna, as well as equipment to run a high volume drug trafficking operation. Evidence they found suggests that they were running drugs as far away as Arizona. The two men were not apprehended and are on the run. The Marshalls have been watching them for a month (nice to know that they knew they were there and their intelligence said they had a lot of weapons and armor piercing ammunition, but did nothing while many kids from the neighborhood played in the yard day after day and the school buses dropped kids off)

Unfortunately for those of us that live in the neighborhood, Caroll Construction (Tony Carroll is the owner) owns the house and while our covenants say there are to be no rentals, rented the house to people who were wanted in other states on multiple charges and obviously didn't do a background check on the adults living there, nor did he care to show up yesterday to find out what was going on at his property.

The saddest part of the situation is three boys middle school and younger who lived in the house and have been exposed to that life and now are in the custody of social services.

5. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Social Services didn't take the boys. They are staying with a neighbor on Josephine. She picked them up last night at the house as things were winding down.

6. tams

tams Well-Known Member

Tony Carroll did go to the house yesterday. Please know that alot of people read this and the facts should be stated as facts, not assumptions. These kids do not need all these speculations.

7. JPinJOCO

JPinJOCO Well-Known Member

Also, the Island Creek covenants say nothing about "No rentals".