Toy Donations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by J34, Mar 21, 2010.

1. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

I am very proud of myself that I cleaned out my 3 boys' toddler toys from the upstairs of the garage. The back of my minivan is packed with really good quality fun toys, Playskool, Fisher Price, wooden puzzles, etc. All parts and pieces are there, and items are separated. I could give to Goodwill and feel pretty good that they're going to get to a good home. But I would love to give them directly to a preschool for low-income families, a family that was a victim of fire, a women's shelter, something like that. Anyone with very specific knowledge of a good home for some or all of these toys, I'd love to hear from you. Post or PM soon, though, because I need to get these out of the van. :) Thanks!

2. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Goodwill is no longer allowed (by law) to accept used toys - thanks to the China lead incident.

Pizazz (sp?) in Clayton was still accepting toys the last time I dropped off - those go to the battered women shelter.

I don't know if you have any stuffed animals - but the police departments used to keep stuffed toys in their trunks for kids. Not sure if they still do that or not...

You could ask your church if they are aware of any needy families.

Hope these ideas help......... And if you can't find a good home for them - have a yard sale - donate part of the proceeds... :)

3. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Goodwill won't take toys anymore.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I could get them from you for our 4042 Christmas Angels Program.

5. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

that sounds like a plan (christmas angels)! that reminds me...there are a few that are battery-operated, so i will throw in a couple packs of appropriate-sized batteries as well. send me info on how to get them to you.

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Don't forget to take the batteries out of the toys before you pack them up to be stored for several months.

7. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah, I meant that they are without them now...so I'll just tape the battery package to the right toy. :)

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that is awesome donating to the Christmas Angels:hurray::hurray: HG, if room is needed to store, we have room in our storage unit, let me know.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks so much.

Call me and I'll come get it.

Sandy
    796-5284

KC, depending on how much stuff it is, I might have to take you up on that offer, have you seen my garage? LOL

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep i have, why do you think i offered:lol::lol::lol: We have plenty room in the storage unit so it would be no problem.