Traffic rant............

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lgb0250, Feb 13, 2010.

1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

If you're the lady that was driving 25mph on Cornwallis this morning towards 42, do us all a favor and get off of the roads!! If you get that over cautious you don't need to be out, period. The speed limit is 45 and other than the roads being just wet there was no problems for you to encounter. No bridges to cross, no snow on the road, just wet, period.

On the other hand if your the idiot driving the Green F150 Crew Cab 4x4 that pulled in behind me this morning after said lady finally turned onto 42 and road my bumper relentlessly all the way to Raynor road, even though I was doing about 52 in the 45mph zone trying to maintain some type of gap between us, you're an even bigger idiot.

OK. I'm done. Watch yourselves today. On top of the normal weekend wonders that have no clue where they are going, you've got the other idiots that don't know how to get there!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Here, Here!, Chief.

I'd like to add a shout out to the idiot driving the White Mitsubishi pick up, license plate PRT 5657, for not having the patience to drive safely. You pulled up on the inside lane of 42 at WM, and although the line of traffic on the through lane was full, you just had to gun your engine and try to get in front of me. Then again, at Cornwallis/42, you had to rev your engine loudly on my bumper as if that was going to make me get out of your way. I'm sure it was a pain having to follow my little Saturn the whole way. Even when you tried switching lanes twice at the 70 bypass/42 light, you still didn't come across as being more important. Your hand gesture as we turned onto Amelia Church Rd was precious.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Driving like a fool with the snow on the ground. I plan to stay home today if at all possible. Not because I'm scared to drive in the snow, but rather steer clear of the crazies out there with all the extremes. Those that will drive 20 miles under the limit while you have some ready to pass you on the shoulder.

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

hoo rah!!! two weeks ago some were peeing and moaning because NC don't have / spend enough on snow equipment. Now it's because people are cautious. The roads are wet but i have seen some slushy spots. What's the hurry?

5. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Another thing to add: Please use your blinkers! I will let anyone in if they have their blinker on, but when you cut me off **************! Lets stay safe out there.:banghead:

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

OK LGb0250 what color was the car that was driving too slow out of curiousity? Oh and maybe you should leave your house 10 minutes earlier to get where you are going so you can adjust to the driving of all the cautious and crazy people out there, because your driving is the authority not the norm. Take extra BP meds and you will be fine. At least being cautious, I know I got there safe and maybe saved your life as well.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  7. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Even as I read this I heard the song in my head. "Driving like a fool with the snow on the ground.." [to the tune of "looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.."]

LOL

8. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

People were FLYING down 40 this morning. Seriously, whats the hurry?

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The overpasses will get you if you're not careful over them. That's what happened with the semi and the other four vehicles. The way a lot of the modern highways are, you can easily forget that you're traveling over an overpass sometimes because of the smooth transition.

I must admit I had a bit of bridge rash to my bumper probably about 12 years ago crossing over an overpass in Selma. I wasn't going that fast, but as I crossed onto the overpass the front end just lost its grip and I just slowly rotated and bumped the bridge rails a bit with the front bumper. The lesson I learned that day was when a overpass is higher on one side than the other (this should be common sense) stay high because as the water drains and freezes, the low side will be the slickest with a thicker coating of ice.

13. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

To me, this attitude is exactly what is wrong with the drivers on the roads these days. First you were not happy with the slow driver and then you experienced, well you, and didn't like it.

Spare me the "I know how to drive in these conditions".

14. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

speed limit

Speed limits are only a guide. You can get a ticket for exceeding a safe speed and not even be going the speed limit. If you are in that much of a hurry that you depend on the speed limit then maybe you are in need of time management instruction!

15. lgb0250

The color is irrelevant. Your insinuation that this could all have been solved by me taking extra BP meds or leaving my house 10 minutes earlier is also irrelevant and stupid. There is cautious and there is irresponsible. If you or anyone else out there feel the need to drive 25 in a 45mph may you should take a driver ed refresher course! There was no ice on the road and there was no snow. Water only. If you cannot handle that, get off the road before you cause an accident. :banghead:

16. lgb0250

You people and your high horses are amazing. Did I say that I tailgated the slower car? NO!! I didn't tailgate her because by her speed I knew that she didn't have a clue what she was doing and was scared to death to be out there. Question is why was she there anyway? Oh, maybe she had to go to the grocery. Well she missed the boat all the other idiots were there the day before. Before you fall off that high horse of yours you may ask questions rather than make assumptions. It's a long fall.:beathorse:

17. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

In general, I agree with the OP -bad weather, traffic, clown parades etc. being some exceptions.

I regularly fall in behind people doing 10 or 20 under the limit on single lane, no passing roads on perfect days and it's not usually about safety. It's more about an FU attitude towards everyone else on the road. Perhaps it's part of the entitlement mentality so many rail against these days.

18. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

"Snow on da ground, snow on da ground, looking like a fool with your car spun around. Driving on the ice with your car goin' sideways, slidin' on the highways, mailbox hit sideways, driving like a fool with your car spun around."

19. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Who said you were tailgating? I was referring to you being an ***.

Why was she there? Perhaps she had somewhere she needed to be. What right do you have whether or not she uses a road that she has full right to use.

20. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!