Traffic reports for Joco?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by certdude, Sep 29, 2017.

1. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a good place to listen/watch for traffic in JoCo?

WRAL traffic doesnt care. I called one day about a wreak on Cornwallis and they thought it was the Cornwallis in RTP in Durham Co.

Triangle Traffic is hit or miss (Curtis media group). Sometimes they will report, but often since its mostly radio they limit their reports to the interstates and major highways around the area.

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

WAZE app or Google maps best bet.

cynadon and tassy like this.
  3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've heard 96.1 play callers traffic reports when they call in during the hours of rush hour traffic, and then they usually get another mention in the next traffic update. I think they are WBBB-FM.

4. certdude

Waze and Google maps are the same thing (same data set). Im more looking for advance reports. Waze isnt always the best route Ive learned on some of the backroads.

96.1 is a Curtis media group station, so as I said they are hit or miss.

Hught likes this.
  5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Waze sent me through a grave yard one time, I used the program for about one week and then went back to Google.

Was driving with someone in Beaumont, TX back in May and my passenger was giving directions off his Waze. I saw a tire in the middle of the road and averted the collision and he said it was flagged in Waze, but about a 1/4 mile from where it actually was.

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

WPTF 570 AM I think

7. certdude

Also curtis media group, and its 680, what I normally listen to. Most of the radio stations are either part of the I Heart network and dont have traffic, or Curtis media group which is the same traffic department and share reporters. But thanks!