Turkey shoot

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Oct 30, 2006.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

We're having a Turkey Shoot at Elizabeth Church the next 3 Saturdays, November 4th, 11th and 18th. Nope, no live turkeys to shoot at :shock: , just frozen ones to give away as prizes. We provide the shotgun and shells, for $4 a shot. Should be a lot of fun, for those so inclined. Everybody is welcome.

2. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Good Morning Screen Doors :D

How many targets to a board?The one I went to Sat. night had 13
    to a board,$2.00 a shot for turkey and $3.00 for a 1/2 country ham.
    It's open on Thur.,Fri. and Sat nights

Almost forgot,gm tittat :lol:

3. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Won a country ham last night,ummm good eating :D

4. nycool

nycool Active Member

Where is Elizabeth Church & what time does the turkey shoot start?

5. KDsGrandma

Elizabeth Church is located at 4269 Cleveland Rd. Coming from D.R. Wells, going toward Smithfield, it is on the right, just before Lee Trace s/d. The turkey shoot starts at 7:00 pm on Saturday, November 4, and again on the 11th and 18th. Hope to see you there!

6. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Won 4 lbs. link sausage Sat. night,ummm,even better than the ham,well
    maybe not better but just as good :wink:
    Grandma,,Maybe I'll come over to your church next Sat. night,can I bring my own gun?

7. KDsGrandma

Yes, you can, thank you for reminding me. But please don't bring it loaded, we will provide the shells.

To answer your other question, there are 12 targets to a board. It's $4 a shot, or 6 shots for $20, and of course you don't have to use all the shots on one board. The men have got some firewood ready for us to keep warm, and the ladies will be fixing hot dogs and ham biscuits in case you get hungry. We'll put on a big pot of coffee, too. Do you like regular or decaf?

Hope you win a turkey!

8. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

I enjoy regular coffee and if you're going to try and make biscuits
    make sure you get a Southern Granny to make Buttermilk buscuits :wink: :lol:

9. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

I might have to zip by there and see what is what. I typically go to the one off Fanny Brown road. Its $3 a target and I think 15 or so targets to a board. Not a whole lotta guys there with those special built guns that are as long as a car axle :D

I have hit the one near the corner of cleveland school road and cornwallis, but it has been a while. Dont remember the price, etc. They do have some good hot chocolate, and other foods.

10. Absaroka

Absaroka Well-Known Member

DareDevil wrote
    Don't those guns beat all,looks like they would have different classifications,,stock guns in one class,custom turkey guns in another

11. KDsGrandma

Don't forget, tomorrow (Saturday) is the last night of the turkey shoot at Elizabeth Church. Come on out, have some fun, and take a shot at winning a turkey! (groannn . . . what a bad pun . . . sorry :wink: )

12. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I went to the one at the west johnston fire station last week. Had a blast and I won a country ham!!! I got a bullseye.

13. KDsGrandma

A great big Thanks to everyone who came out to our turkey shoot, it was a great success. I hope you all had a great time, and plan on doing it again next year!

14. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

KDsgrandmaw wrote
    If I had known that the one I was shooting at was going to be closed last Sat. night(the owners went on a vac. cruise)I would have came by
    and won me a turkey or two :lol:
    Maybe I'll drop by next year grandmaw ,have the ham and biscuits ready :)