Tutor for my 10th grade daughter

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jlc007, Mar 9, 2015.

1. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good, local tutor?
    She's struggling in Math & Science.

Thanks all!

2. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

tutor help

I have used care.com (search under kids and then tutoring) to find a tutor. I found a college student to help my child with calculus. I hope this helps.

3. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

What level of math? Would she be comfortable with another kid helping her? My 16 yr old might be willing to help, she is getting A's in AP Statistics and doesn't have many more math classes she can take in high school.

4. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

sent you PM

5. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Club Z

www.clubztutoring.com

We have had a good experience with them and a friend of mine has used them also with good results.
    Tutors are generally teachers from local schools who will come into your home and help with anything your child needs - Tutors are specifically selected backed on grade/needs.

6. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

Is the cost reasonable? Not to expensive?

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Reach out to your child's school counselor. They will often have names that they can give you that are less expensive than companies and such.

8. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help everyone and I apologize for the late reply...health issues have gotten in the way of my online time.
    Daughter's math teacher FINALLY got back to me and is arranging peer tutoring. If it doesn't happen soon I will check out the recommendations you supplied . Thanks again!