Two shot outside Garner Walmart store

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PirateGirl, Oct 7, 2010.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Scary...

From WRAL.com:

Garner, N.C. — Garner police have a suspect in custody after a shooting Wednesday night in which two people inside a vehicle in a Walmart parking lot were injured.
    Police said they responded to a call shortly after 9 p.m. about shots fired into two vehicles outside the Walmart at 5141 N.C. Highway 42. Officers found a man and woman who had been shot in one vehicle.
    The victims, whose identities weren't released, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Rex Hospital in Raleigh, police said.
    Officers took a suspect into custody along Junction Boulevard near the scene. Police didn't release his name, amid the ongoing investigation.
    Police said they found various weapons inside the suspect's vehicle.
    ********WRAL changed their story on the web to HWY 401. The above info was copy and paste off their website @ 6am.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Well that's close to home. :cry:

3. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Too close to home!

4. wotarush

wotarush Guest

so is this the Wal-Mart on 42 or the one actually in Garner? Does the GPD respond in Johnston County? Junction Blvd is near the Wal Mart on 401 in Garner--seems as though nobody fact checked this report

5. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

This is the Garner WalMart on Hwy. 401

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

I would NEVER shop at any stores in that area. Hell hole. -db's wife

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

The press release quoted above says Highway 42 :?

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just saw it on the morning news (WRAL) and they said 401. I'm confrused... :confused:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just read it from WRAL and they say the one on 401 now. And the little map is showing that too. That area is bad news.

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

WTVD11 says a teen was arrested for shooting into cars at Walmat at Junction Rd, which by 401 ...

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The guns that were used in this crime were stolen from my husband's cousin's house yesterday in Willow Spring. Her 18 yr. old son knew the guy who did this. Guess he didn't know him as well as he thought . . .

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Heard on the news that he was under a $500,000 bond............possession of 6 stolen guns. Idjit.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That whole area really seems to be in decline. It never was exactly upscale, but it has a familiar bad feel to it now. Nothing against Big Lots (old Walmart) because I'd rather see them than an empty store front, but when you see one, you can usually assume that the area's heyday is in the past.

I read yesterday that the theater near the old Target just closed. Heck, that Target doesn't even feel alive anymore. That shopping center was booming a few years ago.
    We stopped at GoodBerrys a week or two ago. The area just seemed...tired.

One the bright side, Kick Back Jacks is in the Rock Ola building. Maybe it will give the area a jump start.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I LOVE Kick Back Jacks. I agree with you about the rest of it though for sure. A few years ago, we tried that Mayflower Seafood Restaurant. Noticed some police activity in the parking lot, but went in, didn't think a whole lot about it. Turns out some homeless guy stabbed a restaurant patron, apparently she didn't give him the money he'd requested. It was in broad daylight too. :shock: I don't go down to that area by myself, and I don't go after dark at all.

15. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Garner Sniper details

GARNER, N.C. — Garner police arrested an 18-year-old Raleigh man on charges that he shot at two occupied vehicles Wednesday night, injuring two people.

Cody Daniel Pullen, of 1111 Consortium Drive, was charged with three counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and six counts of possession of a stolen firearm.

Police said that Pullen fired at three motorists along Garner Station Boulevard, near Junction Boulevard, around 9 p.m. A driver who wasn't injured called police from the parking of a nearby Walmart store.

The driver of another vehicle was grazed in the arm by a bullet, and a passenger was injured by broken glass, police said. The man and woman were treated at Rex Hospital in Raleigh for non-life-threatening injuries.

While officers were interviewing the victims, they spotted a suspicious-looking truck pulling away from the back of an industrial building at 2100 Garner Station Blvd., police said. Officers stopped the truck, which was driven by Pullen, on Junction Boulevard.

Arrest warrants state that police found a .308 Winchester rifle, .22 Savage rifle, .22 Marlin rifle, Remington 870 shotgun, 20-gauge Winchester shotgun and Remington .270 rifle in Pullen's truck. The firearms had been stolen from a home in Willow Springs, according to the warrants.

Pullen initially told officers that he was accompanied by a passenger who fled from the scene on foot, prompting an extensive search involving Garner police, the state Highway Patrol and Wake County Sheriff's Office, police said. However, police determined that the report of a second suspect was false.

Pullen was being held in the Wake County jail under a $500,000 secured bond.

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I apologize and will go edit now. I promise I copied and pasted right off wral this morning though...at 6am. I would have thought the news station was correct...that will teach me not to think!!

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

PG, I think they get confused sometimes in their haste to be the "first" to report things like this. Not your fault, someone at the station just got in a hurry.

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: the new Walmart listed as Garner too. Guess they 'assumed' it was the one at 4042. :lol:

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2 years ago I almost got car jacked off one of the streets on the left if you are headed DOWN 401.
    I stay far far away now.

20. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

For a moment I thought these guns might have been mine that were stolen from my hous in august...