UGH!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sporadic2000, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

Phone book season has arrived.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yep....mine went straight to the trash bin!

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

All those trees, all that ink....such a waste....

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yep, it is.... I find all the info I want through local referrals, or on the internet. The phone book companies should start sending out a flyer of some sort with a phone # to call if you'd like an actual phone book. I keep ONE updated phone book each year incase of power outtages or emergency need, but thats it, I probably throw away atleast 3 others that are tossed in my driveway.

5. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

at least you throw them away, what i cant stand is seeing years of them and newapapers in driveways, near the mailbox where they walk by 6 days a week to get mail!

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: and I wish they wouldn't give me like 5, I don't need one for every county! :banghead:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Keep the "Local Edge" one. :mrgreen:

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The publishers probably don't care if you throw out 2 or 3. Its the number of total copies printed that the advertisers want.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

One year I had a girl delivering it to bring it to my door. I told her how kind of her it was for her to do that she said it was no problem besides that, they were supposed to! ...said they were SUPPOSED to deliver it to the door!

I don't know if she misunderstood her directions or was told to do it out of meanness...or every one else is just lazy... but this girl worked her *** off delivering phone books.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yrs ago I delivered The Yellow Pages books and we were told to leave them at the door too. Maybe some of these others have different policy?
    That was PIA job, but only lasted a few days and paid pretty good at the time. :lol: