UNC: Alleged Hate Crime False

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Apr 12, 2011.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

When I first heard this I suspected something. Only 1 person hold your arm long enough to brand you? I had my doubts and apparently I was correct. He should be expelled at the least!
    ============================
    Chapel Hill, N.C. — An alleged hate crime against a gay student on the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus last week was false, officials said Tuesday.
    Chancellor Holden Thorp said a student who told authorities he was branded with a searing hot object because of his sexual orientation filed a false police report and that it will not be reported as a hate crime.
    Quinn Matney, who is gay, told authorities April 5 that a man walked up to him near a foot bridge on campus, called him a derogatory name, told him "here is a taste of hell," and held a heated object to his skin for several seconds, leaving third- and fourth-degree burns.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9429895/

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

So this guy did or didn't burn himself severely to make a false report?

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

He should be punished to the law's extent. He's caused some serious problems with this BS.
    At some point, these cries of "Wolf!" get less heeded. And that's the shame, because something of this type that is factual will be dismissed.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Gay people at UNC? Who knew?

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

[​IMG]