unclaimed 200K lottery ticket sold at exit 319 expires thurs!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, May 7, 2012.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

$200,000 Lottery Ticket Sold Locally Expires Thursday
    Powerball players in North Carolina, especially those in the Johnston County area, should double-check any tickets they have to see if they are the winner of an unclaimed $200,000 prize.

The ticket was purchased for the November 12, 2011 Powerball drawing and will expire on Thursday, May 10. The ticket was sold at the Scotchman convenience store on Highway 210 near I-40 outside of Benson.

The ticket matched five white balls in the drawing. The five white balls for that drawing were: 4 - 35 - 36 - 51 – 56

To claim the $200,000 prize, the ticket must be presented at N.C. Education Lottery headquarters in Raleigh by 5 p.m. on May 10. The deadline ends the 180-day period for winners to claim their prize.

“We have been telling everyone that comes in to check their ticket,” said John Swithenbank, the store’s manager. “I really hope someone comes forward. We’ve never had a big win like this, so it would be sad if no one turned it in.”

To help find the winner, the NCEL has installed a countdown clock at the store, which coincides with the ticket’s expiration.

To date, the N.C. Education Lottery has raised more than $2.35 billion for the state and education initiatives it serves. Net proceeds are used for pre-kindergarten programs for at-risk four-year-olds, teacher salaries in grades K-3 with a goal of keeping class size low, school construction and need-based college scholarships and financial aid. For prizes of $5,000 and greater, 25% federal tax and 7% state tax are automatically withheld.

by the way, if you find it, my 10% fee can be paypaled ;)

Last edited: May 7, 2012