Unemployment- Extended Benefits

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by grandma4, Apr 7, 2011.

1. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

Anyone effected by the latest cut of extended benefits? I am trying to find where it was first started and what rate of unemployment was considered high, the basis for allowing extentions. I think 9.7% is still pretty high-
    I havent had any bites on any job- I am over 50 and seems we are extinct in the job market today. I've brushed up on some new computer skills since I was first laid off in 2008, had 2 different jobs that lasted combined 6 months and here I am again, looking.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your plight. I have been in your shoes and will tell you to keep your spirits high and not to give up. It finally paid off for me.

Sherry

https://www.ncesc.com/default.aspx

Please be advised that due to the recent decline in the North Carolina Unemployment Rate, the state no longer meets the Federal and State requirements of the Extended Benefits Program. In accordance with Federal and State law, the Employment Security Commission cannot pay any Extended Benefit claims for weeks later than April 16, 2011.

The Emergency Unemployment Compensation program (EUC08) has been extended until January 3, 2012. This extends the end date to file for EUC. It does not provide additional EUC benefits for those who have exhausted. For details, visit the EUC08 page.