ups delivery

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am expecting a package today from UPS. From their website it says it can be delivered anytime from 9am to 7pm. I can not sit home all day waiting on them. If I leave a note on my door will they still deliver it?

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

short answer - MAYBE

If it has to be SIGNED FOR, ie: Delivery confirmation req. by shipper or if it's COD then NOPE.

A note works for us here in the Rural Sticks but neighborhoods all differ - if that driver is the "Usual" guy and knows there have been 'losses' in your S/D... he will not leave a package on the steps.

good luck!

3. Rockyv58

I can not remember the last time I even got a package delivered from ups. Nothing that I had ever ordered till now. Its meds for my dog Laila. But I have to run out this afternoon to pick up some meds for me.

4. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I had two ups delivered last week on different days - both were left at the front door for me when I wasn't home.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

sometimes you can sign the little sticky note they leave on your door and they'll leave it the next day. sometimes, depending on the shipping level and shipper, signature IN PERSON is required. if that's the case, you may have to just wait the 3 days and take the slip to the UPS place on atlantic avenue....

6. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

If signature is not required then they will leave it. I have packages delivered to my house ALL the time. During Christmas time they were here daily for a month. However, I thought the tracking info on their site will show if a signature is required or not. Can not remember but thought there was a section for this. However the toll free number can tell you if it is required. Not sure when it comes to doggy medicine :)

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You could leave a signed note on your door asking the UPS man to please leave it and explain that it is meds your dog needs today and that you've just run out to the store. Explain that by your signature on the note you are taking responsibility for him leaving it. That might work....

8. Rockyv58

Still sitting waiting on UPS. I guess a watched door never rings.

9. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

After spending hours at the UPS Atlantic Ave. shipping center over two days and the Mexican restaurant next door trying to get ahold of something that wasn't left at my door because it had to be signed for and I wasn't there,....I just get it shipped to work.

10. Rockyv58

just got it at 8:17