Vapor Barrier

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Dave, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Dave

Dave New Member

i am looking to get a vapor barrier installed in my crawl space. Anyone have any contacts?

2. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Do you have termite contract on your home. If so, that company can do it. Call Neuse Termite Or Wood Termite if you do not already have a company

3. Dave

Dave New Member

They want $3750, yeah I don't think I'll be using them.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

$3750 for a vapor barrier? I hope you meant $375, which is what Neuse Termite charged me last September for a vapor barrier installed. I would have done it myself, as it is not that hard or labor intensive, but it was for the closing on the house, so I let them do it "professionally" to satisfy the buyer. How big is the footprint of your house??? Are you sure you didn't get quoted for sealing the crawlspace?

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

If you only want to put down a piece of plastic, it should only cost you like $50 from Lowes.

If you want to seal your crawlspace like this, it is usually between $2,000 and 5,000 depending on the size and complexity.

crawlspace.jpg

7. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

That's an impressive crawl space. I always wondered if you seal the crawl space then do spray foam insulation, how does the house "breath"? I would think without a certain amount of air moving you will trap moisture and have mold.

8. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Tatum insulation does crawl spaces, both for sealed and traditional style crawls.
    Cost is going to be more than 50 as we use a 6 mil or 10 mil poly.
    If you give me the square ft estimate, I can get a quote. It would help to have a picture of the height of your crawl. A small, low crawl would cost more for the tight working conditions, but a average to tall crawl would be cheaper. (Because of hourly wage)
    Pm me for my number to text picture

9. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Depending on the size of your crawlspace it should only be a few hundred dollars, sealed crawlspaces are much more expensive.