Verizon service problems today

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, Jun 10, 2011.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

A friend posted on FB she was having problems with her cell today. She has Verizon. We do too. When I try to call anyone I get the voice mail greetings of people I havent called and dont even know. They play over and over and you cant disconnect without powering off.

Anybody know anything?

To top it off my home phone wont hold a charge. I bought a new one yesterday. Charged it up for 24 hrs. Called my mom and the line continuously breaks up. Gotta return it. I cant even call Verizon!!!!

I could be the poster girl for Calgon lately.

DB's wife

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Magicjack magicjack...I love my magicjack...Magicjack!

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I saw something yesterday on the news about solar flares or something liek that. I didnt pay close attention, but it was something about storms on the sun could cause communications problems on Earth for a few days. I'm sure it can be Googled, I'll leave that to someone else.

4. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

After I read this I called my home phone and it was ringing, but my cell phone was telling me please enjoy the music while your party is being reached, did it a few times. Also, insert twilight zone music here, my home phone won't charge either. Think I'll go back to bed, lol

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Wow...glad this was posted. I have Verizon and also tried calling my home number. Same thing..home phone rang and finally on my cell phone I got the "please enjoy the music" msg and music that is definitely NOT something I'd download.

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Same thing here this morning.... called someones voicemail or recording and I was like uhhh whoa.

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Just tried to call my daughter's cell (Verizon too) and got right through to her...

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I'm not having any problems either... but I am in Raleigh, maybe I am binging off a different tower.....:?

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Same thing happened earlier when I called JK @ work. I hung up. :lol:
    I thought I had misdialed or something

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I shoulda know'd to look on here - I thought I was gonna have to go down to the Verizon store!

I was just having these same problems, started about 11:00. I thought I'd messed up my phone cause I dropped it this morning! :oops:

Really weird, pretty much the same things y'all described. Hope they fix it soon!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

must be just the dial out, went through fine when i called & talked to you

13. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Been able to recieve fine today...but three times I called out, I got the "do you want to change the voice mail greeting". Glad to see someone else has had problems. I thought it might be a new problem cropping up in the new Gingerbread release.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sprint is having issues too, but not that severe. I'm getting duplicate text messages. Annoying, but no biggie. Makes me glad I have unimitied texts though.

15. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

my phone has been acting crazy today also.i called time warner and others have reported same problems.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

17. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

We didn't have any problems but when I went to the Verizon store last night to upgrade hubbies phone, had to finally give up trying because of internet problems they had been having all day Salesman tried four times to get on and each time he'd either get on and start processing things and would get booted or it just wouldn't come up - finally gave up. Today's another day.

18. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Was it the one on 70 near Walmart? They are always having internet problems when I go in there. And the funny thing is they dont get good cell phone reception in there either!!! I can't get cell phone service when Im in Walmart. Ive been by there a coupla times for them to figure out a problem on my phone or to show me how to do something and they have the hardest time getting reception. The whole area around there must give Verizon customers problems!

DB's wife