Verterans Day

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ddrdan, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

To all my brothers and sisters. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

I concur although "Thanks" just doesent seem to be enough to say. I have always had the upmost respect for our veterans, but it now hits closer to home in recent years as I saw my own son leave for war. I am thankful for his safe return.

May God bless this great nation and all those who serve and have served!

Happy Veterans Day!

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

a thread on which we can all agree

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You're welcome. But you have the order wrong. USN should always be on top (or at least above USMC). :jester:

Adding my thanks as well, especially to those who weren't as lucky as me and served during times of conflict.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

"we like you Navy boys....whenever we go to fight you boys give us a ride"

- A Few Good Men

* just having some fun with Cliff....I thank ALL of our military equally.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Saying "thank you" is such a small repayment for what Veterans have sacrificed for us ... but at least it's a start ...

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

To all those have served both still with us and those passed on, words can never express what i feel in my heart for you all, thank you all!!!!

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Thank You.

I played Reveille for my Veteran Dad this morning! He got a kick outta that.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Actually had a surprise at work today. Owner of the company and our CFO took myself and our IT guy (another Vet) out to lunch at 11:15 and we are just now getting back.

It was a surprise as I've been here 9.5 years and this is the first time it's happened.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In Toronto today and it is their Memorial day also and I see Poppy's everywhere, and a great bumper sticker "Either Support your troops or get in front of them!" :hurray:

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I love that Hught! Nothing I have seen today has said it better!
    Proud of my oldest DS today for taking part in the ceremony at SSS. Wish I could have been there (I was at work), but it makes me even more proud of him that he got himself up and drove himself over to honor our veterans. Not bad for a 17-year old!

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A big old salute to all the brave men and women who have fallen and those who are still serving so that we can remain free.

Sherry

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

awesome, you have raised a great young man:hurray:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

when living in VA and my Daddy was still alive, Veteran's Day was a big event for my family every year and until the day my Daddy passed he was downtown at the Veteran's Memorial with all the other vets and the town celebration in honor of them all, every year on Veteran's Day i remember those wonderful honor filled days with my Dad.

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Thank you to all of those who have, or are presently serving!

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Wow, i had no idea you were a Military brat growing up, that is awesome!

18. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Love it!!! :hurray:

Two of my coworkers, from different parts of the country, discovered they served on the same air craft carrier today, but at different times - years apart. Talk about a small world.

Thanks again, to those that have served .. and to those that WILL serve (and to the families that support them, moms and dads!!).

19. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

:cheers:

20. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Once a Marine Always a Marine!!