Virus Alert

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Mar 12, 2011.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Posting here as many do not look at computer threads.
    Just had a friend to post Facebook link to "Charlie Sheen found dead at home video". Do not be tempted to look at video.

VIRUS ALERT! Please neighbors re-post this as often as possible:: "Charlie Sheen found dead at home" Is a virus!! It is very believable so of course people are going to click on it and this is why we need to look after our neighbors and keep re-posting this to ensure that they see

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning...that was on my daughter's fb page this morning and I was stupid enough to click on the link. Thankfully my Norton antivirus kicked in and blocked the page! There was another attempt on facebook too-one of my "friends" sent a chat message that said "Hi-Is this you in the picture" and posted a link to a photo. When I clicked on it my antivirus kicked in again and told me it had blocked an attack. So be careful of any friends that send chat messages with a link.

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

any of that "i was shocked when i saw what miley cyrus did" or "taco bell is closing forever" stuff is all the same as the one you've described. seen all 3 of them on various facebook profiles this week...