Volvo Mechanic In Area?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Lawnranger, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Lawnranger

Lawnranger Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a Volvo shop in this area? I own an older Volvo and it would be convenient to have it serviced locally. Thanks for any info!

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Weaver Brothers on Capitol Blvd.

3. Lawnranger

Thanks for info, but really not looking for a dealership. I need a local mechanic who works on Volvos.

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I go to Auto Performance Center in Garner on 70 with my Saab.....

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just curious, what is so special about Volvo's? I was "Upgraded to one about a month ago and was very underwhelmed!

The thing that POed my off the most was that the cigarette lighter would not accept my GPS power adapter on the way to a client in the middle of no where PA. Because I already used up the GPS Battery I had to hold the damn adapter for over 1 1/2 hours. That aside, I was still less than impressed.

6. mslusk

mslusk Well-Known Member

P&A Smith in Cary
    130 Woodwinds Industrial Ct.
    (they are off of Cary Parkway)

I had a S40 for a few years and took it to them. I now have a V70 and once my car has more miles on it, I'll switch from the dealer to them. I found them to be honest and they'll save you money on parts wherever they can.

7. quickbuff

quickbuff Guest

I have a good friend that lives off 1010 who works at Weaver Volvo but also does side work. PM me for more info.

8. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

My husband is an active Volvo Mechanic and has been for 25 years or better. He loves to work on older ones too ! Many of the JoCo residents as well as peeps on this site have used him . PM me for his # and he can help !

9. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Never mind, quickbuff ! :)

10. quickbuff

quickbuff Guest

Alrighty then...

11. Lawnranger

Sheblondy, I pm'd you. Thanks so much!

12. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Great, dependable transportation and since my husband works on them for a living and on the side, makes it very easy ! Not to mention cheaper repairs !

13. mvenito@nc.rr.com

mvenito@nc.rr.com Well-Known Member

:allears:
    tag automotive does volvo they are local. cleveland rd in back of baptist shilo
    all certified techs. and reasonable.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  14. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I Ditto TAG Auto.
    They are pretty awesome.
    The owner is really nice too
    I know they work on everything...