Wachovia Robbed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bren, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I just had a customer call us and tell us that Wachovia at 42 & 50 was robbed. Does anybody know if everyone is okay? Or if they caught the person or persons?

Kaci--are you okay???

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'll be there soon and ask them. Hope not!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Co-worker went to make a deposit earlier this morning there and he said there was tons of police activity and the police tape up. He had to go to Clayton to make the deposit, they were pretty tight lipped there though. Hope everyone is ok too.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep ok here, and the police tape is still up there, none of us ever knew anything happened till the cops showed up and put up the tape, it was kept pretty quiet, glad we keep no cash on the premises here

6. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Glad you are ok KC. I heard all the sirens and stuff this morn. i just figured a big accident. never expected it to ba a dag on robbery. hope they give a better discription. we are all pretty close here and someone will surely know someone that knows something. I hope that the tellers and employees there are all ok, they are super nice people, and they all know the customers by name. This is just disturbing.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok nobody was hurt, the robber got unknown to the public amt of money, all employees were sent home & the detectives, etc., are still there. Great news that no one was hurt and i hope they find the scumbag!!!!

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Arrest Make In Wachovia Bank Robbery
    An arrest has been made in the October 3 armed robbery of Wachovia bank on Highway 42 at Highway 50 in western Johnston County. JasonBenton Matthews, 38, of Fuquay Varina was arrested Monday a short time after he allegedly robbed the SunTrust Bank in Garner. Matthews was reportedly apprehended in a motel in Raleigh a short time later.

Matthews reportedly confessed to the Wachovia bank heist, according to Johnston County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Tammy Amaon. Police seized money and undisclosed other evidence from Matthews following his arrest on Monday. No injuries were reported in either robbery. Investigators declined to say how much money was taken in the robberies.
    http://www.wtsbradio.com/

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray: