Wanted: Your Junk

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Apr 13, 2011.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I realize I've been MIA on the boards for a while. Life as I know it is just plain crazy and I haven't had a ton of time to post. Rest assured I still love you all!

Some of you know that Mini Me and I will be traveling to Guatemala this summer on a missions trip with our church. This will be our first mission trip, our first time out of the country, and the first time I've been on a plane in almost 20 years! LOL

While there, we'll be working with lost and adandoned women who are pretty much living on the street, offering medical care, eye exams, and dental care. We'll also be building homes for them.
    Guatemala is unique because they will also allow us to go into the public school system, which will also be part of our trip.

Additionally, the WJHS HOSA team (which Mini Me is actively involved in) recently competed at the state level and did so well that they were invited to compete at the National level this summer.

So....at our house, we are busy raising money for two very worthy causes!

Our Mission's team is having a yard sale on May 7th, and the HOSA team is having a yard sale the week after on the 14th. Our church is going to donate all the left over yard sale stuff to the HOSA team for their yard sale as well.

If you've been busy spring cleaning and have "junk" lying around that you'd like to get rid of, we want it!

I don't have a truck, but I am sure I can either arrange pickup, or if there are enough potential donations, I can arrange a drop off day at the church for donations.

Money's tight for everyone right now, but everyone has junk. If you were simply planning on dropping it off at Goodwill, I would ask that maybe you think about giving it to us instead.

Shoot me a PM, or an email at DaisiLou@aol.com

Thanks again!

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I've got a pile of clothing,hardly worn jeans,shirts etc. that have been waiting (and waiting) for me to drop them off at Goodwill that you could have,pm me if you're interested,thanks!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

As it happens, I have two bags of clothes I was about to tote to the Goodwill and am having a yardsale Sat (I don't yardsale clothes, too much trouble), you are welcome to anything that is left. ; )

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We are clearing out some things too. I hate yard sales, so you are welcome to what I have. I need the weekend to get it together and then I could meet you somewhere in Clayton. Good luck!!

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Annette, it was so nice to meet you yesterday!! Thank you so much, and thank you for the beautiful bird bath plate! It's already in my garden!!

Firefly, great!! Just let me know!!

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Enjoyed meeting you too!
    I was happy to be able to help out!
    Thanks also for liking my pottery bird bath;)

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Check your pms...got two big boxes ready for you!