Washer repair needed - got info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Nov 9, 2009.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

My washer has died. It won't drain or something (has standing water in it) I don't even think its 3 years old yet. It's a GE front loader...any one know a repairman? Lowe's gave me the number of a guy to call and I've been waiting for him to call me back since Friday. I've called him twice now. I got some washin' to do!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i can tell you who not to call:jester::lol:

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Did you buy the washing machine from Lowe's? I would tell them the person isn't calling you back and do they have another number you can call, you having washing to do!

4. nsanemom22

I just called him again. He says he'll come by tomorrow! :hurray:

5. SteelD

SteelD Active Member

Had the same problem with my GE Front loader but I fixed it myself. you need to take the bottom front panel off. then there is a drain plug you need to remove(put some form of pan under it or else things will get messy. there is a pump and filter that pushes the dirty water out that has an impeller that can get clogged(mine had a shoe lave wrapped around it). all I had to do was free up the impeller and I havent had a problem with it since. if you run a search for GE washing machine repairs there are websites that can tell you exactly how to fix it.

6. nsanemom22

Thanks! We're gonna try that tomorrow. The repairman Lowe's recommended never called back or showed as he said he would. I think I called him 4 times. I won't be recommending him. Lowe's also gave me a number for GE repair that would give me a list of who serviced the area. Number didn't work. :x So it looks like we're stuck doing it ourselves. I'm learning that DHs motto is If it's ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is replace it! When our stove broke down for the third time we decided it was cheaper to buy a new one.

I'm not looking forward to this.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. nsanemom22

Thanks again SteelD... Dh cleaned it out. We found a lost earring, legos, candy wrappers and 9 cents. And a LOT of lint!

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

^So you MADE money in the deal^ Awesome!!!