Washing Machine Repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by donnaraekb, Jun 1, 2013.

1. donnaraekb

donnaraekb Member

I am looking for a repairman for my washing machine. Does anybody know of one? Thanks....

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

what's the problem, they're usually pretty simple machines. Unless of course it's a newer (within the last 5 years) with all the functions known to man on them.

3. donnaraekb

donnaraekb Member

Machine was tilted when moved out of laundry room to replace the flooring. When we set it back up, it was vibrating way too much on spin cycle (like when the clothes get out of balance). We adjusted the legs and got the machine level side to side and front to back, but it still vibrates too much even when empty. So - we figure it's time for the repairman.... No - the machine is not new; it's 20 yrs old......

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

"The compartment inside a washing machine where the clothes are placed is called the drum. Many machines have a weight attached to this drum, designed to prevent too much vibration. Check to see if the bolts on the drum are loose, and if so, tighten them using a wrench." From Google

Sounds like this might be the case... I'd investigate it myself before calling anyone.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

This guy has great rates and works on washers and dryers. Also sells refurbished ones with a warranty. Good luck!!

http://www.fixadryer.com/

Mike D's Washer and Dryer Repair
    919-264-8896

For Sales Service

Removal/Purchase

Washer or Dryer

6. donnaraekb

donnaraekb Member

Thanks everybody for your responses!!! I always get good responses/advice in the discussion group - thanks!