Washington DC area Hotels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Concerned Person, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Does anyone know any safe and affordable hotels in the Washington DC area and (Crystal City area). Looking for around $125 per night. Has anyone been lately and know where safe hotels are?

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

there are tons of places to stay just outside of DC. Easy commutes. We've been to DC a few times as my parents live up there. We stay outside DC. I stayed at some Comfort Inn or something of that nature (can't remember which hotel). I found the deal on travelzoo (they have lots of DC deals usually). I paid $54 a night. It was a great hotel, nice staff, pool, convenient. Near a metro and we just took the metro into DC and did the touring thing. Good luck.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

3. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Last Spring Break we took DS to DC & stayed in Springfield, VA at a Best Western. This is about as FAR out of DC as the Metro goes on "our" side of the City.
    No issues, took the FREE hotel van to the Metro stop & back. It was clean & safe. Plus free parking & our van was safe too.

4. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

This doesn't pertain to lodging but if you haven't already, I would suggest either going online or getting some info on Washington so you can plan your routes and get around and not be wasting time walking or riding the Metro. My dd and husband came back a few years ago and I suggested that to them. They flew in but planned from the time they landed...There is just so much to see and do.

5. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Try Hotwire or Priceline.
    There are so many hotels in DC, it's really easy to get a great room for a song. We have used this method twice in DC. The first time, we were at the Omni Shoreham and send time, we were at the Embassy Suites.
    You select the neighborhood you want and the number of hotel stars. You may just end up with a 4 star hotel for 70-some bucks!

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Staying here in a month:
    Crowne Plaza Hotel
    1001 14th N. W, Washington, DC 20005
    http://g.co/maps/twej6

$179 a night is what we got it for Fri-Sun. It's 2 blocks from a Metro station and maybe 4 from the White House.

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we stayed at Crown Plaza in Tysons Corners VA, close to metro and was only $80/night.