Watch this with your high school children

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Very powerful.

Sherry

3. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

My kids are 17 and almost 19, very good drivers, and they are fine young men (yes, it is possible). We are parents who impart strict rules that go along with the privilege of driving, but also an open invitation for a ride home, should they or a friend ever need it for any reason. The kids have these videos shown at school, along with mock wrecks on site. It is very powerful. I was born and raised here and in my experience, many of the youth lost in this county are due to wrecks as a result of speed, inexperience (inattentiveness), and over correcting. It is essential to send the message early and often that drinking and driving do not mix. I wish adults who apply for a license also had to watch these videos. When you look at the arrest reports, the people being charged are not our youth. I don't know the answer to that problem. I would venture a guess that a lot of the people I see do not even have a license to drive. I can tell you that these videos make a difference in our schools. My kids came home and told of kids crying, male and female, and I hope the message sticks with them.

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

When I was in high school many years ago in NJ, we did a mock up crash like this on the high school football field every year. My aunt was on the Rescue Squad, so I played one of the victims 3 years in a row. We went all out like they did, helicopter and all, and they did it the weekend before homecoming usually. The whole school got to miss a period to come out and watch it from the stands and around the field.

They should do something similar like that here if they don't already.