water bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Last summer I had to go and replace my whole house filter because the one I had burst. My water bills had gone up but went back down after the filter was replaced.

I noticed that the last two/Three months I have noticed the water bill has gone back up. From about $22.00 a month to $28.00 a month. I am not using any more water than usual. And I did go and check the whole house filter and it is fine.

My question did Johnston county raise the rate on water? I do not recall any notice.

thanks in advance

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

The invoice should show your usage and price if you have an older bill laying around to compare.
    Sometimes winter might increase water use some.
    You know with the winter chill one may linger in warm shower longer, for those who dress for warmth means more laundry to do also.

jesse82nc and Hught like this.
  3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Glad I don't have to pay anything a month :D The benefits of a well. Also don't need a filter as the water comes out pure in every test.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have a well also. But when I bought my home in 2000 I was going through FHA and the county had run the water lines a year or so earlier. FHA required that I had to get onto the county water. Otherwise I would still be on well. Pretty much since I had moved in the bill had ranged from about 19.00 to 22.00 give or take

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Water rates did go up a few months ago, but only by 15 cents per 1000 gallons. Rate is now $15 base rate plus $3.25 per 1000 gallons.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

All these modern conveniences, I still have a water handpump out back, and last year my outhouse finally collapsed. :cool:

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Our water bill has remained around $21.00.

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, the test usually performed on well water are for biological contamination, not the full spectrum that public suppliers have to perform.

9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Not if you perform the full tests :D The ones I use test for the presence of bacteria, pesticides, lead, nitrate, nitrite, chlorine, hardness, pH, iron, and copper. I run those tests about once every 2 months. Once every 4-5 years I run this test as well - http://www.karlabs.com/watertestkit/kit360.htm In fact I think I am due for that so I will order it.

10. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Just read where Smithfield Water Rates will be increased starting in March.

11. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Hope you were not on the john when it collapsed!

Rockyv58 likes this.
  12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I heard that he was pumping water and the outhouse barely missed him. It was a well known fact that having the pump near the outhouse makes the coffee taste better.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Gross.

Auxie likes this.
  14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Let's not discuss the splinters!

Did get indoor plumbing a while back but having a backup is always good!

Auxie likes this.