Water Problem?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Boxwood977, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

We are a house of tea drinkers so we own a hot pot to constantly heat water for a cuppa tea. So my last pot was white and I started noticing little black spots that even though I scrubbed it down they showed up again. I thought it was the pot and threw it out and bought a different model and style. Sure enough they are back again and I can see it on the little filter screen. So it's not the pot - conclusion it's the water. Now is it just me or is it the area? Anyone else dealing with this in the Cleveland area?

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

City or well water? Either way it could be manganese. Home depot is offering free water tests. I can give you the name & number if you'd like

3. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Saw this on Johnston County site: (in the scrolling section on the right of main page)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, San-serif, Times New Roman, Verdana]
    JOHNSTON WEST WATER SYSTEM
    February 10, 2015
    Smithfield, NC – Beginning on February 25th, the Johnston County Water Treatment Plant will temporarily stop feeding ammonia with chlorine for disinfection and start feeding chlorine only for all Johnston County water customers on the Johnston West water distribution system. The Johnston West distribution system supplies water for many county residents and businesses, which may include Wilson’s Mills, Clayton and some customers serviced by various private utilities including Aqua NC and Utilities, Inc. If you have any concerns or need additional information, please contact Johnston County Public Utilities at [​IMG]919-989-5075.
    Your distribution system is designated on your monthly billing statement and shown in the WHITE area on the map below. State and federal regulations require that all public water systems feed chlorine only for at least three weeks each year to insure that no bacteria are present which may have adapted to the ammonia in the water.
    Johnston West customers that use kidney dialysis machines should be aware that the water will contain more chlorine for about five weeks and will return to a chlorine and ammonia mixture on or about April 1st. The chlorine only water can be toxic to tropical fish. Most customers will not notice a difference in their water, but some may detect a chlorine odor and might observe a slight color change. The County will also conduct flushing of the Johnston West water distribution system during this period to speed the removal of chloramines from the system. The flushing process may result in some minor and temporary discoloration of water that does not affect water quality. If any related issues cannot be cleared by flushing the lines inside your home, please call [​IMG]919-989-5075.
    [/FONT]

4. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

Thanks I sent you a pm for the info.