Well worth watching

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CraigSPL, Oct 11, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

When you start the video, there will be a short commercial. It only lasts a few seconds, so just wait it out. It's worth it.

The story is about Channing Moss, who was impaled by a live RPG during a Taliban ambush while on pat rol. Army protocol says that medivac choppers are never to carry anyone with a live round in him. Even though they feared it could explode, the flight crew said #### the protocol and flew him to the nearest aid station. Again, protocol said that in such a case the pat ient is to be put in a sandbagged area away from the surgical unit, given a shot of morphine and left to wait (and die) until others are treated. Again, the medical team ignored the protocol. Here's a short video put together by the Military Times, which includes actual footage of the surgery where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point , removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) team. Moss has undergone six operations but is doing well at home in Gainesville , GA.

http://www.militarytimes.com/multim...93#/Live RPG removed from soldier/51745112001

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that was awesome, thanks for sharing it, thank goodness we have tissues here in the office.

3. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

Everyone should watch that video, to help them understand what our military is doing for us. Their are two more videos that I have seen Baghdad ER and Afghanistan ER they will open your eyes also. My cousin is in Afghanistan we talk with him every day on FACEBOOK, it's good for his morale. GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY>>>>>>>>

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Thanks Craig. It's an honor to have worn a uniform with these folks...and our fellow veterans on the board. I appreciate every sacrifice they make, and you all made before them.