What a Disappointment

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Melynda, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I know I shouldn’t be upset by this when so many family's don't even have money for necessities ... much less video games ... but I'm going to whine anyways. Anyone else have an XBox 360 die recently?

My son was sooo excited this morning when he opened his new XBox360. We got him the console, lots of games & accessories. In the past we always bought my son lots of different toys - but this year we opted for mostly all xbox stuff. WHAT A MISTAKE. The xbox had a fatal hardware error. After spending a couple of hours with Microsoft Support Christmas morning - I was told I would have to send the game in for repairs. I may take 3 days from them to ship me a return box ... then I will have to ship the game back ... they can take up to 7 days to fix the game and then it may take another 3 days for it to make it back to us. Customer Service says they will try to have a working game at my house in 2-3 weeks??!!! After doing a little research on xbox failure rates, which are surprisingly, very high - I'm upset with both Microsoft & myself. I expected better from Microsoft and I should have researched this product better before I let it put a damper on my son's Christmas. I'm hoping I can just exchange the game at Best Buy tomorrow rather than waiting 2-3 weeks to have this one fixed. Although I was VERY upset when the game failed ... I was very proud of the way my wonderful Son handled the situation. He kept an upbeat attitude all day - and just helped his baby sister with her new Christmas goodies.

2. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you had a problem with yours, but ours worked fine. We had lots of fun with ours. I'm glad your son handled it well, so not fair that he couldn't play with it on Christmas day. I hope Best Buy works with you on it.
    Sheri

3. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

That stinks!! I hope you have good luck today. I can only imagine your disappointment.

(we love our wii!!) Kids and hubby were up till past midnight still playing.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Hope you can exchange it today. Kudos to your son for being such a stand-up guy in the face of that disappointment!

5. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

My son spent last night at his Grammy's house. My husband headed for Best Buy first thing this morning. They replaced the game without question. After my hubby gets home & we get it plugged up & tested - we're going to call my son & give him the good news :) Yesterday was a bit of a bummer - but the bright side is that today will be almost like another Christmas for him :)

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Melynda, I'm sorry the XBOX didn't work. That stinks and it really puts a damper on Christmas too, doesn't it? What a great attitude you son had, you must be so proud of him! Hopefully Best Buy will still have some Christmas spirit left in them and will just exchange the thing for you. I mean, it was brand new and it should work, not have to be worked on!!

Our family got a 60G PS3, which was very hard to find. I got a 22" LCD monitor to hook the PS3 to that was shipped to me via UPS. I was a little worried that it wouldn't work due to way UPS handles their packages. It did though, which is a good thing since it was ordered online and would have taken weeks to replace if it didn't work.

CONGRATS ON BEST BUY DOING THE RIGHT THING!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  7. macy

macy Well-Known Member

My Grandson is having problems with the controllers on his NEW xbox 360. Its sad that when something is so expensive that it is flawed...thanks, grandma macy

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It happens, we spent $70 on a remote control thing for DS, it was DOA. Took it back to the store the day after Christmas to exchange and they had marked it down half off. Woo Hoo!

9. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

You should visit Best Buy - alot of people standing in "return/refund" line for xbox problem, like your's. You're not alone.