What are you having for Easter dinner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

What everyone having for Easter dinner? We have company in town, and trying to decide what to make this year? We don't want company to talk bad about us after they leave because Easter dinner was not good. :jester:

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Rabbit Ears

3. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

:ack:

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

China King..

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I dont know about this year, but in years past my Mom always baked a ham for Easter with all the trimmings. Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, candied yams, (candied yams go sooo good with baked ham!) a couple of vegetables, biscuits and a 6 layer coconut cake. Her cakes were so pretty, she would dye some of the coconut green and put it around the base of the cake like grass and put jelly beans in it to look like little Easter eggs.

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

So you're the culprit!

[​IMG]

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

HUH, I can't HEAR You..............

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

GAC

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ham and turkey...........don't know whether I will be fixing it here or will be having it at the inlaws.

10. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I'm with Jean. We normally have a ham with the trimmings!

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Peeps and gravy.

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Probably the same thing we always have at "Mama's", no matter what the occasion.

Ham or turkey (extra dry)
    canned gravy
    green beans (canned)
    black-eyed peas
    instant mashed potatoes
    Ham biscuits or sausage bicuits (canned)
    homemade mac n cheese (dry of course)
    something with sweet potatoes
    And a variety of desserts (brownies, cherry crisp, pecan pie, fudge, cake, etc. Basically whatever was her baby's favorites growing up) lol

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  13. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Probably hot dogs with all the trimmings on our beach trip. :) Had an early Easter lunch at Grandma's this Sunday, bbq chicken, ham, vegetables canned and frozen from her garden this past summer. My kindergartener who rarely eats vegetables without a fuss, devoured his entired plate full. He knows there's no dessert until his plate is empty, so about three quarters of the way through, he proclaimed, "This is even better than Green Eggs and Ham!" and told Grandma, "You better get dessert ready!"

14. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Probably ham cooked with those little whole potatos, green beans and corn. For dessert, something chocolate for sure and for the kids (and me!), those cute cupcakes my mom used to make. She colored the frosting in different pastel colors, colored some coconut green for grass and put that on top with m&m "eggs". There was also one Easter when Mom had a ham in the shape of a pig. Wonder if I could find one of those anywhere? :lol:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

all depends on the weather for us. If it is pretty we will probably cook out burgers or something but if it is cold or rainy then i go the traditional way of Ham and all the dressings. i end up feeding a lot so i go for whatever is the most convenient:p

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

One of the best things ever invented for green beans is a crock pot. Slow cook them for several hours with the right seasoning and even the blandest canned beans taste better than some restaurants. Cooked on the stove top they have absolutely no flavor.

17. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll just being the green beans myself. Crock pot? That would be like asking her for a limb. lmao

Have you ever had fresh green beans that have been steamed, and then sauteed in bacon grease/bits with tomatoes and cheese added in at the end? Hush yo mouth good!

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Salivating at the thought. I haven't had lunch yet. Mercy. :)