What businesses you would like to see in White Oak/Garner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GarnerBiz.com, Jul 15, 2015.

1. GarnerBiz.com

GarnerBiz.com New Member

Share your opinion by voting what you wish would open around White Oak/Garner. The link has already been shared with the developers for White Oak to allow the desires to be known and will posted long term.

http://www.GarnerBiz.com/what-is-needed-in-garner/

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Voted for a few items. One thing that was not on the list that I would like to see is a Bruegger's bagels

3. GarnerBiz.com

GarnerBiz.com New Member

added

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Isn't there still a bruggers on 401 s across from new wal mart in garner?

Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. markfnc

as much as a book store would be nice, they are barley surviving as it is, and no new ones are being built.

6. markfnc

A retail news site had reported that Barnes & Noble would close 223 of their 661 remaining stores over the next 5 years. This was in early 2015. Ill try to find that article and link to it.

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

No Carrabba's?

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

A Salsa Fresh, or a Chipotle's (now don't go getting all political on me, since to me food is food no matter where I get it!) would be nice, since I'm not much of a fan of Moe's food. A Noodle House, a Greek, Indian, or Middle Eastern place, a Flying Biscuit, or another breakfast place, a Sweet Tomatoes, a decent Italian place, A dedicated PIE SHOP for those times where you just want to go someplace for a little dessert after the movies or shopping. For food stores, a Harris Teeter, Publix, or Trader Joe's. And Home Goods: Please come back! You left too soon! Would also love to see some space reserved for good quality, affordable "mom and pop" restaurants there too, along the lines of "Simple Twist", but I guess they're just building chain restaurants now? :( Oh, and maybe the builders could set aside some space for a plaza with some nice shade trees, a pergola, and maybe a water feature to sit at, kind of like Southgate Mall where people just love to shop, eat, and walk around - nothing too fancy - but something a little more casual and "down home" that reflects our area? Right now, even the original White Oak Shopping Center isn't all that friendly to pedestrians. Is that asking too much??? Lol.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  9. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a space developed for fun activities like go karts, mini golf, laser tag, etc etc. Someplace where a family can go for a night out and not have the wallet emptied. Its possible to charge just 3.00 for a go kart ride instead of the typical 7. Same for mini golf. And offer discounted passes for the day or season. If I could get a backer, I'd operate it myself.

jlc007, DWK and jesse82nc like this.
  10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I don't get over to that side of Garner much. Would be nice if there was one closer to white oak. I even voted for the Dunkin donuts. I thought it was in Garner but its in Raleigh.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hobby Lobby!

12. markfnc

Do they put Hobby Lobby's near an existing Michaels? I don't know.

13. markfnc

Its only about 10 minutes. But I know that is a bit trying to get to work, if its out of the way.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  14. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Hey Rocky, you should check out Jessica's Handmade Donuts 1863 Aversboro Road, Garner, way better than Dunkin Donuts.

15. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

bridgett likes this.
  16. todill

todill Member

K&W cafeteria

17. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

A Syrian daycare.

18. markfnc

19. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Think of an expanded Michaels and Carolina Pottery combined

michelle likes this.
  20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Doesn't belong on this Thread and you know it.

Sherry