What do you consider........

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Dec 28, 2010.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Harmless slumber party games for girls. And before we get started, I'll say that this is for young teens like 12 to 14 years old. NOT for college co-eds, GUYS....LOLOL

In the past I had a slumber party for my daughter and the girls were playing that game where you are supposed to levitate someone with 2 fingers and say, "light as a feather, stiff as a board" while lifting them and they are lifted. Then another one is about some "cat scratch" thing. I've also heard about one called "bloody Mary" and a few other games that deal with the supernatural and that kind of eery stuff. I remember us having a seance when we were young. ONCE. We did not do that @#&* anymore.

disclaimer: THESE GIRLS DID NOT DO SEANCES. I WOULD HAVE CALLED THE PARTY OFF RIGHT THEN. AND I DO NOT PUT UP WITH "OUIJA BOARDS" EITHER.

Now back to my regularly scheduled post:

Do you all feel like these are harmless or do you feel as I kind of do that these "games" can open "doors" that ought not be opened? My husband stopped them when they did the levitation thing at my house and got them into a TV show and they did not even think anymore about it.

So, what do you all think?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I never had teenage daughters, but I think you could use it as a learning experience in showing them how the supernatural stuff, although fun, can all be explained by science.

By doing this it might help get more women into that field, which would be a service to all of us.

3. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

The Bop It game is actually fun! My daughter got it for Christmas and they have a party mode. We liked playing pictionary type games at that age. Karaoke is an old reliable also. :)

4. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

God's Child - played a new game last night with the family and it is called "Guesstures". It is like charades on "speed"! Lots of fun and would be good for a slumber party! We had varying ages playing this -- from 18 to 81! There are "hard" cards and "easy" cards. just good family fun. For ages 8 and up!

5. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! I got some new ideas now! :hurray: