What is Kohl's Return Policy?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Apr 25, 2011.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I know. I should call Kohls. :p

I don't usually make returns to kohls....

I bought DS1 5 pair of shorts. IN the store he said they fit. I didn't SEE them on him. When I DID at home, I saw they didn't. I took them back, did a store credit so I wouldn't lose my Kohl's Cash ($60!) She never commented on the dollar amount and I never looked at the card. I didn't repurchase the same items (got more) so I was expecting the amount I was re-buying to be considerably over the card anyway..

Fast forward.. Had to exchange a belt today that was the wrong size AND when it was purchased I was over charged $2. Receipt said 28, tag said 26. Got a store credit just to make it easier and at the register saw that the dollar amount written on the card was $25 something!

Now. Looking at the receipt for what I purchased today:
    A pair of Levis for DH, NOT ON SALE :evil: for $54. Below "Item Price" It says RETURN AMOUNT $45.23. WTF?? They will charge me NINE DOLLARS to return a pair of jeans if I take them back????? Also another belt $26 /RETURN AMOUNT $21.77

Has this always been their policy??

I think I just had my last shopping trip to Kohl's.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Kohls has a very liberal return policy, but if you used "Kohls Cash", they do deduct that amount from your return. You got a discount on the item if you used the "Kohls Cash", so they can't return it for technically more than you paid for it. It' like if you bought something on sale for 9.99, you can't return it for $15.00, the regular price. You get your 9.99 back, that's it. If you exchange it though, you can exchange it for another $15 item. Make sense?

Love me some Kohls. :cheers:

3. nsanemom22

ooooooooooooK. I called Kohls.

These jeans I bought MAY BE BOGO! If they were I didn't see a sign. But I'm going back there tomorrow to get it straightened out. So. ... I'll either end up with another pair of jeans ..or me and kohls are breaking up. :neutral: lol

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I love Kohls too. Today I had to return a swimsuit that I bought my daughter last week because she tried it on - the top and skirt and didn't realize it was supposed to have a bottom under the skirt. :lol: I should have checked before we bought it! After I exchanged it, I ended buying more stuff! I can't ever get out of Kohls without spending too much money.

Nsane, I hope you don't have to break up with Kohls. :jester:

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

6. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Kohl's advertises a "hassle free" return policy. What they don't tell you is...It will cost you!
    They charge a return fee even if you have the receipt. I can see getting a discounted return rate without the receipt or if you've waited a month or so to bring the item back. But not if the item is returned-with the receipt - the next day, as happened to me.
    I've always liked Kohl's - the convenience, price, selection. However, after my experience with returns, I have largely avoided shopping there.

7. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I tried to return a dress to Kohl's my daughter received as a gift - - no receipt. I just wanted to exchange it for something different. I thought I'd be able to exchange it with no worries and expected it to ring up with a lesser amount than was on the tag,,,,and that was OK. The lady rang up the dress ($12.40) and told me I could only exchange it for 1 single item in the amount of $12.40. Could be no more or no less and had to be 1 item only. So I looked at her in disbelief and said "you expect me to find 1 item that will ring up in that exact amount?" Yes,,,,she did. Couldn't find anything in that amount - - there was a dress similar to the one I was exchanging but it rang up a few cents different so couldn't get it. If I got a gift card for the exchange it would only be $4 and some change. Found another lady and asked her - - same answer. Kept the dress - - will give it away later. Haven't been back to Kohl's since and don't plan to.

8. nsanemom22

DH told not worry about it, insists it's not worth it. Says he doesn't need any more pants. I think he's just trynna shut me up. Oh well... Kohl's wins.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have never had the experiences you all are describing at Kohls and I shop there and make returns all the time. I've never been charged a return fee either. :confused:

10. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Thankfully I have never had a problem either. Now if given a gift and returning it with out a receipt they credit me the price it is on sale for, which is totally understandable. Or if with a receipt and I was given Kohl's cash they have to deduct a certain amount to make up for that too. I am a big time Kohl's shopper, and love their return policy compared some other places. LOL

11. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I haven't either... I think that if you made Kohl's bucks on the item that you are returning, they adjust the amount they return to you. That only makes sense, because if you got 10.00 for every 50.00 you spend, then return all the items, they'd lose their shirts... no pun intended.

12. nsanemom22

That's the thing. I wasn't using KCash and I had a receipt.

My next trip there will be for Mother's Day... sooo.... we haven't broken up yet.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'm with kdc, i have never had a problem with returns at Kohls and actually not too long ago i returned a pair of shoes i had bought at least 6 months ago because the heel tip came off and of course i no longer had the receipt and they didn't ask any questions, refunded the full amount on a gift card and i was actually able to buy 2 pairs of shoes to replace that one.