What is the Funniest/Strangest/Most Memorable gift you ever received?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cece, Dec 8, 2010.

1. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Scooby Chia Head.... :)

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

A set of bookends........except they were both for the same side, not one for each end. It was unintentionally hilarious. My poor SIL, she about died of embarrassment.

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I got a watering globe for plants last year...supposed to be 2 in there. There was one and it had a clump of dirt on it. It was obvious they went closet diving.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

Can't think of any that I've received at the moment,there was that Grandma ring my DH got me many years ago,also a sweater that could have fitted Dolly Parton instead of me (wishful thinking on his part I guess),needless to say that both went back,so now he wont buy anything,which is why I buy my own :mrgreen:

6. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

It wasn't funny to me, but, one year I kept telling my (then) boyfriend that we should get married and I wanted a 14 kt. ring for Christmas. So, he actually got carrots and stuck them in a box in the shape of a "14"...he thought it was hilarious but I cried!

7. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I gave a relative a longaberger bread basket w/a heating stone & dividers for her birthday in July. I laughed when she regifted it to me at Christmas. She laughed even harder when I teased her about it ... she said she forgot who gave it to her :)

For Christmas one year my husband gave me a gold necklace with a diamond heart charm. I really tried to act excited ... but he realised that something in my expression was off. He thought I didn't like it ... but then I told him, I really loved it ... I had been wearing one identical to it for years. His parents bought me the identical necklace as a gict when I received my Masters Degree. He said he knew there was a reason the necklace made him think of me when he saw it in the store.

The worst gift I ever gave ... Many years ago, when the George Foreman Grill 1st came out, my husband asked for one. I thought that if he liked it, maybe some of his relatives would too ... so I bought 5 and sent them to various members of his family. On Christmas morning, when DH opened his grill I was embarrassed to learn that the grill had been repackaged and returned to Walmart along with the food the original purchaser had cooked in it. There was old food, mold & grease wrapped in plastice along w/the grill. It was REALLY gross. I was soooo worried that one of the relatives may have gotten a used one also that I called them all immediately and apoligized in advance. Luckily, it turned out that only pre-used grill was the one I gave to my husband.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

A leopard print thong. Thanks, Mom.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! Reminds me of my husband's most embarrassing gift ever.

We are all at my Grandmother's for Christmas, sitting around opening gifts. We might have been married a year or two at that point. DH opens a box from my Mom...............it's frilly underwear meant for me to wear. I thought my poor DH was gonna die!!! I'm about to choke with laughter. I don't know what possessed her to do something like that, but it was funny as heck. :jester:

10. michelle

LOL, I assure you there is nothing sexy about a thong big enough to cover my big arse. :lol:

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Thongs aren't meant to cover......they are meant to floss.

12. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

:ack:

13. michelle

Ewwww!!!!

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree. What is it with people wanting to wear these things? I want my rear end covered. I hate it even worse when someone bends over and the top of the thong is right there in your face with butt cheeks. :ack::ack:

Sherry

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You not a fan of plumbers crack?

:jester: