What kind of thread count for sheets?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Apr 15, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I currently have one with either a 800 or 1000 thread count but I don't like it all that much. Also-where can you buy just ONE sheet with a 400 thread count,most of them come in sets it seems.Walmart has the single one's but it's a 200 t.c.
    Oh,it also has to have deep pockets ;)
    Thanks!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Try JC Penny. I got some from Target that I adore right now that are the deep pocket ones, I think they were 600 or 650, can't remember. LOVE them though.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Our favorites are ones we got from Target a couple years ago and were Bamboo sheets. I haven't seen them there for a while. They are the softest sheets I've ever had and have held up great to repeated washing!

4. suzienj

suzienj Guest

When I purchased my mattress from www.driftawaymattress.com, the owner also told me over the phone they sell sheets. They were like really expensive sheets for really cheap. I bought them and we love them. They are 1200 count. If he doesn't have what you like I know he'll point you in the right direction. One of neighbors wanted to purchase from him and after talking to them, he told them flat out my mattress is not the one that will make you happy. These guys turned down a sale to make a customer happy. He sent them to one of his competitors online, because he knew the beds they had fit what they needed.

5. AnnetteL

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions!!
    I still can't find anything,looked online at LNT,BBB,Target,Macy's,JCPenny's,AnnasLinens,Overstock,Amazon,etc.,etc.if it is actually not a set,then it doesn't have deep pockets or doesn't come in the color I want,maybe I just need to head to White Oak next week instead of trying to find it online,might be better anyway since that way I have a better chance of feeling the material ;)

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I've bought some great sheets over at TJMaxx and Ross at White Oak, high thread count, and reasonably priced.

7. lolligrump

lolligrump Guest

Anyone know what causes sheets to, "Pill"? I get great sheets, but after a few washings, every one of the bottom sheets pill! I don't wash my sheets with anything else, so nothing is rubbing against them in the wash. I also have a washer and dryer that are only 4 years old, so I'm not sure what the problem is?

8. AnnetteL

Went to White Oak today and checked at Ross,TJ Maxx,Target and at Kohls but couldn't find anything,all the one's they had came in sets.
    I did find some that I like at LLBean but wanted to check locally first.