What should I do with this TV?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LovingLife10, May 13, 2011.

1. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I have a 5 year old 46 inch sony flat screen television. Something is wrong with it that is causing the colors to separate. The picture is there, but each figure is surrounded with a separate green, red, and yellow shadow. I know for certain that it is definitely not the color calibration. I have other TVs, so it's not worth fixing if it is expensive. Does anyone know what this problem is and if it is expensive to fix? Is the TV worth ANYTHING broken? I don't want to trash it, and I'd rather not just give it away. I don't know what else to do with it, though. What do you think?

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Take it to the dump. It will cost you more to fix than it is worth. Try selling on craigslist for parts.

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We had that happen on our 51" Sony rear projection tv. We called a guy on Fire Tower Road in Selma to come out and fix it. It was about $250-300 and it has lasted for 4 years now, so it was worth it to us. The tv is over 10 years old now and works fine. I'll try to find his name.

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

give it the Elvis treatment

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Use an E-Waste recycler

If your area does not have an E-waste recycing arrangement, there is a list of them at www.p2pays.org and click on recycling markets in the right column or call Scott at 919-715-6512.