What to get for the Mom who has everything???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4ME2KNOW, May 8, 2010.

1. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

My Mama is so hard to buy for! What did you get your Mom???

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DH took pix of me and my sista in her backyard in front of her flowers that were blooming. The last GOOD picture we took was about 8 years ago. :?

Got 2 different ones, 1 black and white and 1 color. One's for the house here and one for the beach house. :lol:

We are cooking out some burgers - moms favorite.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

shelves

4. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

My Mom likes those little garden flags so I bought her a new set of them. 1 for each season and ones for the special holidays. Also gave her a new magnetic mailbox cover and some Bath & Body stuff.

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

What about writing your mom a poem or a letter letting her know how much you love and appreciate her. How about a collage of some pictures of her thru the years or pics of her with you and your siblings, if you have any. Even as mom's get older and their kids grow up, they still love those personal things that come from the heart.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

She passed away last August and I've been having a hard day today with it. Our neighbors did get us a tiled ball that sits on a stand to put her ashes int. We think my daugher will write a poem, my daughter is awesome at that and Iam not, and add it to ashes.

I think KDs put a bug in my daughter's ear on what i want, a new pair of house shoes. Today my daughter stayed inside with me, which is a miracle unto itself, and cleaned out her different closets. Separated her clothing and has already given items away. A few more are coming by tomorrow to see if they would like items too.

That's what is called a Mother's Day Weekend for me by Cleo.

Sherry

7. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your Mom. I can only imagine the pain you must feel on this first Mother's Day without her. Your post made me realize it's not about what I give her for Mother's Day...it's enjoying each others company and making memories that last a lifetime!

I hope you can smile this Mother's Day thinking of all the memories you had with your Mom...and Happy Mother's Day to you! :)

8. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

A Netflix subscription.

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Sherry, I'm with ya. It doesn't seem like my mom has been gone for a year and a half. I'm also thinking about my nephews spending their first Mother's day w/o my sis.
    Anyway, now that I've been a debbie downer!! I am getting 4 of my nieces/nephews together in just a bit and doing those handpainted mugs for my sisters from them. Last year, we made individual cakes in coffee mugs together (moms were allowed to sit with us and watch) then we decorated a huge pot w/ their names and designs and planted flowers in them. :)

10. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Hubby and I spurged on a gift for the family (since last night we kind of combined Mother's Day and our Anniversary ~ which is actually next Sat ~ into one.) He was off last night for a change, so we went out to eat and found a pool for the yard.

Today I got breakfast in bed, my DD wrote me a beautiful letter and gave me an empty box, except with a note inside saying it was full of all her love. Hubby made coffee and breakfast for me and gave me a back massage. DD babysat last night and she wants to take me to Cold Stone for ice cream later and spend time with me.

Some of the best Mother's Day presents! Waiting for my son to call me. All ready heard from my future DIL.

11. Sherry A.

You are a very strong person and I think you have some great ideas to do with everyone. Know that all of your family is in our thoughts. Cindy says hello and that you are in her thoughts, as well.

Sherry

12. Sherry A.

Thank you and your first paragraph is so very true. Miss her today but she will always be with us.

Sherry

13. Sherry A.

I like this one and it put a smile on my face. Shelves so we can add more junk to our houses and more dusting. I love my shelves in my garage.

Target has shelves that are as tall as me and actually fold up. Just love them.

Sherry