What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tangerine, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I've been slack on cooking since we have moved so I need a good meal to cook tonight. Any ideas? I'm tired of the same ole stuff.

2. seabee

seabee Guest

chef-boy-ardee Ravioili is a pretty easy dish to throw together, as long as you know how to open a can and operate a microwave. :jester::jester:

3. Tangerine

I think I can actually handle that. :mrgreen:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We made a great herbed "un-fried" chicken on the grill over the weekend. I think it would be just about as good in the oven though. You soaked the chicken in buttermilk for a half hour, then dredged it in breadcrumbs with herbs and a little butter, grilled indirect for about an hour and it was delicious.

5. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

if you are looking for a soup try this one:

2 cans of corn
    2 cans of black beans
    2 cans of rotel tomatos
    2 cans of chicken 12.5oz (yes can I know)
    2 cans of chicken broth (can use 1 if you want more chuncky)

mix together let come to a good boil for about 5 or 10 minutes then scoop in bowl and top with cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream

Easy breezy

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Spaghetti Tacos. My son watches ICarly on Nick and that's one of the meals mentioned on the show. We tried it and I actually like it, too. Its not my favorite thing to eat, but its good when spaghetti gets boring. What we do is just heat up taco shells, fix the spaghetti and then drop cheese in the bottom of the tacos. Then put in the spaghetti on top.

7. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Meatloaf cupcakes.

Thought cupcakes couldn't get any better? Make them out of meat! (leave off the icing though)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  8. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

We too had been influence by ICarly. The pickle juice challenge is now our favorite thing to do on game night.

9. Tangerine

That sounds really good. Just wished bf ate chicken.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think that coating would be good on pork too, I am going to try it, anyway.

11. seabee

seabee Guest

OK... some advice from a guy... Nows time to show who's boss... cook the chicken and when he gets home throw it on the table tell him to eat what you prepared or he can go hungry and that if you took the time to cook it and that if he knows whats best to just shut up and eat... You'll never have a problem with him again. :cheers: You can than loosen the collar a little. :jester:

12. Tangerine

He knows who's boss. :jester: He would probably eat it if I fixed it. I cooked something the other night that he didn't like but he ate it.
    Anyway, i'll be back later. I'm going to take him some lunch now.

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I have been using ez-mealz for about 6 weeks now. It is worth the $1.50 a week to take the guess work out of what we'll be having for dinner. We use about 4-5 recipes a week. So far we've not had a recipe we didn't enjoy. Last night was balsamic chicken and mushrooms. ...yum. The recipes have been quick and easy with common ingredients.

If you decide to try it ... goggle to find a coupon. I was able to find one that saved me $2.50 off the $15 for a 3 month subscription when I subscribed.
    http://www.e-mealz.com/

14. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Two easy crockpot favorites in our house:

Shredded beef au jus...3lb chuck roast, cut it in half to cook more evenly. Water, chicken stock, or beef stock (2cups), oregano, onion salt, season salt, beef bouillion and crushed rosemary. Cook for 8 hours in the crockpot on low, shred with two forks, serve on buns.

and the other easy recipe...

Apricot chicken...need a whole chicken cut up, place pieces in the crock pot. Mix a packet of Lipton onion soup mix with 2 medium sized jars of apricot preserves. Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook on high for 6 hours. Serve it over white rice.

Hope that helps make your day easier. I hate trying to plan what to eat, and the same old stuff gets boring for everyone after a while.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I made this the other night when I was looking for a cook time for regular stuffed pork chops - it was delish!

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    4 thick cut pork chops
    3 cups day-old bread cubes
    1/4 cup butter melted
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    2 tablespoons chopped celery
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1/3 cup water

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a skillet, heat the oil and brown the pork chops. Place the pork chops in a baking dish.
    In a bowl, toss the bread cubes, melted butter, chicken broth, celery, onion, and poultry seasoning together. Put heaping mounds of the bread crumb mixture onto the pork chops.
    Combine the cream of mushroom soup with the water, and pour this mixture over the stuffing and pork chops.
    Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
    Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. The meat thermometer should read 160 to 170 degrees.

You can skip the bold and just use stove top or pepperidge farm stuffing, following the directions on package

*Speaking of crockpots, the other day I made country ribs in the crockpot and I used the leftovers to make bar-b-q pork sandwiches another night. I just cut/shredded the meat and made a Carolina sauce with vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper. You can google and find a recipe for the sauce or even use pre-made. I simmered/stirred for an hour.

16. Tangerine

these are all good. i'm going to try them all. thanks guys.

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

fish sticks and creamed spinach.

18. Chili - the easy kind :lol::lol::lol: I've been studying for a test all day. I don't feel like being a gourmet chef tonight. (as if I ever do)

19. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

hey my kids love this :) with mashed otatoes as the icing :)

20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Thought this was all you knew how to cook.

[​IMG]

:jester: