What's going on at Cornwallis?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 15, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

On the way to work today and yesterday, they have had one lane closed right where the little bridge crosses the pond. Yesterday one side was closed and now today the other side is closed & there is some type of road equipment there. Anyone know what's going on?

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Well duh:lol::lol: i thought that too, but it looked like they were doing something in the water on the side of the bridge and when they changed the closed lane to the other lane, there was nothing there that indicated any change on the bridge itself.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Maybe searching for the elusive endangered dwarf wedge mussels? :jester:

4. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

There's nothing elusive about the dwarf wedge mussel. They are everywhere.

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Which pond? My guess is they are inspecting the bridge. They have to do this every so often.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it's the one at the bottom of the hill between South Shiloh and the 40 overpass.

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

I know that they are planning to replace this bridge and there are plans to widen Cornwallis, just don't know what the time table is or if this is what they were doing.

Did you see someone with waders on and carrying around a large orange cone? If so, they would be looking for the mussels. We've run into them many times along Swift Creek.