What's happening on 40 near 70 bypass

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Apr 4, 2014.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hubby says there are 13 cops, highway patrol, helicopters, etc. and they appear to be searching for something/somebody. He said they have been there all day.

ps. dang, nobody ever comes to this board anymore. I hear crickets.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

It took me close to 30 minutes go get from the wal mart just over I-40 to the corner of Cleveland school road. Going the other way towards Corwallis looked even worse.

3. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

That's probably why 40 was so backed up this afternoon (earlier than usual) coming out of Raleigh, had to jump off and take the back roads. Haven't heard anything on the news, maybe there will be a report later this evening.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Hmm, I passed by around 6pm and didn't see anything. Strange. I take 40 to the 70 bypass every day to and from work.

There was a bad accident on 70 in Garner though, by the ABC store. They closed that road just before 6pm.

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I left my house at 2:00 to go to Greensboro. I got there at 4:30. It never takes that long. I thought for sure there was a big accident, but I didn't see anything. I did see a lot of Police cars and a Helicopter.

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I went through there around 1:45 PM yesterday and there were 10-12 officers there and they seemed to be looking for something/someone in the woods.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

42 was backed up Fri afternoon due to a wreck on 40 on this side of the bypass. I was trying to go to Raleigh, traffic was crazy, took me like 30 mins to get down 42 (from CVS) to Cornwalis to bypass the 40 traffic. Lots of people were getting off at our exit trying to get around the accident.