What's your favorite pizza joint

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by scbuff, Jun 13, 2015.

1. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Most of the time when I am in a hurry, I just stop by papa johns or dominoes, but every once in awhile I like to splurge and spend the money to get a quality pizza. In the past, I use to go to la Bella Pizzeria on Cleveland School road but would like to try something different again like marko's or ray's in Clayton.

Last time I went to Marko's, it was ok, nothing to right home about. heard some negative reviews about their service sucks and that their quality has went down over the years.

So what's your favorite pizza place. Craving for some pizza tonight!!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Primo's on Main St. in Clayton or Veneros's on 70 in Clayton.

waterengineer likes this.
  3. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Venero's or, if you like Sicilian pie, 2 Cousins in Benson

4. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I like Primos on main st. I know everyone loves Veneros, but I really can't understand why

waterengineer likes this.
  5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Because they haven't found Primo's yet! We like Venero's for somewhere that you can go sit in the bar and have a beer and pizza. But our go-to carry-out pizza is definitely Primo's. That may change when either Marco's or Anthonys opens. Marco's is opening a new location in Clayton where the Quizno's was (near to Lowes Foods). Anthony (La Piazza) is opening a pizza & sub style bar/restaurant near Walmart on 70.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Is the Marcos that is going in where Quizno's use to be the same owners as Marcos II over in front of Wal-Mart?
    Also for Pizza I usually like Venero's

7. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Can't say it's a fave since I only had it once, but I had a pretty tasty 10 inch pizza at 3 Olives on Amelia Church Rd today. It was the special, 10 in 2 topping and a drink for 6.99. Crust was nice and crispy how I like it. Ate it there, so I don;t know how it holds up getting it to go.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes, same owners. Additional location for them.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

3 Olives is respectable pizza too, I forgot about them. They just opened a third location in Raleigh near my office, and it the best pizza close to work, they deliver and its good even delivered.

10. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

For take out, we like the pizza at La Piazza at 42 and 50. If we're in the area, Randy's on Lake Boone Trail for a slice or a pie. Wish there were local places to buy just a slice. If there is, we're not aware of any.

11. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Primo will sell by the slice, they usually have a daily special for a slice and a drink

12. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We've tried all of the above and like 3 Olives the best. The deluxe and chicken alfredo are our favorites, always thin crust, delish.

13. ricks99

ricks99 Well-Known Member

If you like NY style pizza, gotta try Sami's in Selma (near JR's).

14. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

Rushing Buckets on 42 east by Riccobeanes Best pizza and wings in town

every thing fresh and crust is handmade not frozen
    www.rushingBuckets.com

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

I have to second LaPiazza, that is definitely our go to pizza, actually can't remember the last time we got one from somewhere else :)

jlc007 likes this.
  16. JOCOgal

JOCOgal New Member

2 Cousins at the Food Lion shopping center on Highway 210 sells by the slice, too

17. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I tried Ray's in clayton the other day and it was great. Great pizza at a decent price

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If you get a chance give Trophy in Raleigh a try.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Rays also has certificates on Restaurant.com right now too.

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

You guys are making me want to get out and eat more pizza!!

Rockyv58 likes this.