Where can I get my daughter's hair frenchbraided?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Lynn38, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Lynn38

Lynn38 Member

My daughter needs her hair frenchbraided for a competition this weekend. It has to be done really good and tight, and last overnight Friday and through the day Saturday. Are there salons in the Clayton area that might be able to do this? Any recommendations of anyone in particular?

Thanks!!!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. cece

cece Well-Known Member

I think that most are trained to do french braids in cosmetology school. I would call your regular hairdresser and ask. If not, I go to the place on 42 accross from CVS, the name is escaping me at this early morning hour.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Studio 312....

place across from CVS....someone there can do it....call first ....662-5312

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I would like to know where I could learn to french braid, heck even regular braid decently.

5. Clif

Clif Guest

I can french braid (except that I am currently flying on one wing).

It's amazingly easy for looking so complicated.

Check THIS out.

6. Cleopatra

Thanks Clif, and that woman was doing her own hair! I can't even use a curling iron on myself without burning my neck or forehead.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

LOL! I have had my share of curling iron 'hickeys' myself! :mrgreen:

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I used to be able to french braid my own hair, I always had problems doing other peoples though. As for the curling iron... it's a good thing I have bangs, because I am sporting a nice burn on my forehead right now. Getting ready for the wake the other night, I was curling my bangs and the curling iron slipped in my hand and bounced off my forehead. Owwwie...:cry:

9. Clif

Clif Guest

What you women go through to impress the dead!

10. Cleopatra

I always burnt my forehead in middle school, trying to get the wave right.

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I taught myself how to French braid by using my baby dolls hair. I could teach ya Cleo :mrgreen:

12. Cleopatra

I would def need one on one instruction. ;)

13. Madonna

Madonna Well-Known Member

Can she wear a wig? If so, in Lowe's Foods shopping center is a place that sells them, at a good price or they could probably tell you where to get the real hair done.

14. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i can french braid my own hair even better then i can someone elses :)

15. I know JCC's main campus has a hair dressing courses and do haircuts and styling at discount prices. Try there

16. Cleopatra

Oooh! Great idea. I know my girls would sit still for them, and I could get them all pretty'd up for portraits.