Where do you go for chinese foood around here?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Mar 1, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

We went to the chinese buffet by the new Walmart on 42,it was ok,they had some nice scallops that DH liked but I thought that some of the traditional dishes could have been better.

2. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

We like Hibachi Express in Smithfield better than any around here.

3. AnnetteL

We've been there too and I think I agree about liking the Hibachi Express better than the buffet at 42.

btw-I just noticed that there is one o too many in the posts headline :oops:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

we usually go to the one up on 42 behind Smithfield Chicken when we go locally but it has always been to go.

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I'd have to say Jumbo China near Flowers Plantation! Mmmm!

6. AnnetteL

Yes,been to that one as well,but not for some time.

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Emperor's Choice - Food Lion shopping center in Clayton, off 70.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

None around here. :cry: I know it's not the popular opinion, but I haven't had any Chinese food here that I pay good money for again and I've had it at each and every one of the restaurants mentioned. I've given up. :? There was some huge one up on Capital Blvd (Crystal Palace?)we had once that was OK, but nothing to write home about.

9. AnnetteL

We went to the Crystal Palace a few years ago,mostly because we happened to be in the area and because they had the crablegs,it was good then but again that was quite a while ago.
    A couple of years ago my sister and I went to this Thai fast food style restaurant :drool: I wish there was one of them around the corner!! Then again if there was then I would most likely have some serious issues with fitting into my breeches.

10. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

:iagree:

11. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Our favorite, too.

12. bigsaver

bigsaver Member

Chinese Food

We like to go to Main Garden in Cary. It's in the shopping center at the intersection of Kildaire Rd and Cary Parkway. In the shopping center with Trader Joes.

The Chinese I've tried in this area, unfortunately, has always been a disappointment.

13. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

There is a restaurant in the Asian market on Buck Jones Rd beside Burlington Coat Factory that I like. If you can handle the smell of the market :ack: and then take the food to go, it's really good. It's not a place to go for ambiance.

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

China King. Best Shrimp and Lobster sauce around. Excellent service.

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I agree with Emperor's choice, but on a little more upscale note, when the Sushi Bar re-opens at the Old Drug Store (across from Walgreens) new chef/ owner is planning to do some Asian dishes, in addition to the great sushi that John creates. New chef/owner has been at Five Star in Raleigh and more recently, Cattails out at 5 County Stadium. I'm looking for good things out of the new management.
    Sushi Bar should be open within a week, the bar side will be more American, steaks, chops, burgers, with live music and other entertainment, and probably open a week or two later.

16. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I too like this place!

17. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I like the China King behind Smithfield's also.. I thought Hibachi express is Japanese?

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

19. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

It is "not around here" but I second Crystal Palace. Hands down the best Chinese food ever IMHO.