Where to celebrate New Years Eve?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by daisy8869, Dec 21, 2012.

1. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

NYE also happens to be my husband's birthday. We normally celebrate at home but would like to try something different this year. We are not heavy drinkers nor do we have a lot of money to spend (would prefer to spend $100 or less for the two of us). Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

First Night Raleigh

I've enjoyed all the festivities in downtown Raleigh a few times. There's lots to see and do. Check it out at www.firstnightraleigh.com

3. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Dec 31 is (was?) my anniversary. We spent a couple of anniversary dates at The Oxford Gastropub (downtown Raleigh). It's good food and within your budget.

You might also check out OpenTable.com. It's free to sign up and you can look up different restaurants and make reservations for all of them. Plus, for every reservation you make (and keep) you get points that you can use toward meals.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The world is suppose to end today, so don't worry about it! :jester:

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Some of the more local areas that I would suggest would be TerraFin Station or the Flipside.

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

LOVE Terrafin!! I just got a 50$ gift certificate for Terrafin's today!! Cant wait to go and use it!!

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Tavern is doing this year?

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Tavern In The Grove???
    DJ Ray Karaoke and dancing. Champagne toast at midnight.
    No cover for members and guests.

ALWAYS a good time at The Grove. 8)