Where to find hot green peppers?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Local Lady, May 14, 2010.

1. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

I have a friend who moved here from the west coast & can't seem to find any really hot green peppers. Anybody know where she could buy some? Thanks.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'd think Lowes Foods would likely have a wider variety of produce. Of course, if you're talking about more locally grown, I have no idea. Wal-mart sells jalapenos, but if you're talking habaneros or similar, I'm not sure. I'd check Lowes Foods. She might try M&B Grocery in Smithfield (South Brightleaf Blvd.). They cater to more hispanics and might have a wider range of hotter peppers.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The Harris Teeter up in Garner usually has a large selection of peppers as well, and has had some of the specialty peppers I've needed for some receipes when Lowes hasn't. Might also try the Clayton Farmer's Market on Saturdays and if not there then the State Farmer's Market in Raleigh.

4. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

There is a flea mkt off of Capital Blvd that has a lot of vegetables, many that are used in Mexican cooking. You could probably find some hot peppers there. Or the Farmers Mkt..

6. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I'll tell her to try those places.