Where to find jeans

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

My very tall and very skinny 13 year old need jeans. He needs a 28 waist and a 34 length. I have not been able to find this. He prefers Levi 514's. Any suggestions. Even on line the smallest waist is 29. He could really use a 27. But I feel sure he will bulk upma little this winter as he is not as active.

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's still the same, but I used to have great luck with Sears and JC Penneys for the slimmer and larger sizes. I had 2 boys with opposite sizing issues! I was always able to order them via the catalog/web.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

My son just got 28/28s the other day at Kohls, so I would guess they would have the size u r looking for as well! And they were Levi's

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Up until 4-5 years ago I had trouble find jeans as well in a 29 waist with a 36 length. But was lucky that you could find them now and then at the Tommy outlet in Smithfield, now I have moved onto a 31-32 waist, and they are much easier to find.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my boys are the same size. I have always been able to find them jeans at Kohls, Penneys, American Eagle, Aeropostle in store and online.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Big & Tall store isn't just for fatties like me!

7. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Same issue for my son, and we found the 514s at the Levis outlet store. You could even call and have them pull sizes for you. If they have nothing in stock smaller than a 29 waist, perhaps they could get them for you.

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Amazon has 265 different pairs of jeans in 28x34

Amazon

9. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I always have good luck at American eagle with my sons jeans. He is tall and skinny. I bought him a nice leather belt from there also.

10. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have not had to shop for jeans in years but it seems we have outgrown our hand-me-down source!!

11. areynolds00

areynolds00 Guest

When there was a Goody's in Smithfield that was the best place to find "Skinny" or slim jeans. My son has always been tall and super skinny. He was wearing 5 Slims Long until he was 7. Then after his growth spurt we are up to 10 Slims Long. The are only 2 Goody's I know of today they are in Sanford and Southern Pines. Not close to home but I always go when I visit family.