Who do you call??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by shygrrl, May 12, 2011.

1. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

My mom just bought a modular home that has been "flipped" and everything is great except that when they tiled the washer/dryer area, they covered the vent hole for the dryer! Who would I call to get to go under the house and mark where it is and cut the hole out of the tiles(s)?? Would it be just a handyman or what? Is there anyone you'd recommend?

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I think this would be right up a handymans alley. There are a couple that have been mentioned on this forum, but since I know nothing of them I will let the users comment.

3. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Do you have to sign off on the house? Like do your inspection and have everything fixed or set right before accepting it?
    II would think whoever set it all up should have done it and could be called to come out to make it right. They must have had to have some fixtures in there so it was evident it was an area where there should have been a vent.

4. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

We did not realize that was the case until we closed and now we can't get any response from them, because it's not their responsibility anymore. They bought a brand new washer/dryer set, which is great but we didn't realize nothing was connected or set up, which then led to the realization about the vent. Hopefully it will be an easy fix but my DH is too big to get under there (and doesn't want to either) to get it figured out. Thanks!