Who do you use for Internet service (and LOVE)??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Crysta, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Other than Time Warner.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  2. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Crysta,
    you should definitely do some troubleshooting. I have roadrunner and it is generally the speed as advertsied. You might need a new cable modem or a new wireless router.

3. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Not Time Warner.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Forgive me if I overlooked it in your post, but have you complained to Time Warner? We have RR here and it is very fast. I can't imagine that your situation is at all normal.

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Could it be your computer? We have Time Warner. Generally I find it fast. I don't like to get on the web with my husbands' computer because it does take longer for pages to load.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I didn't see your post Crysta. But we have TWC RoadRunner. Generally if you complain and they have to send a tech out to your house, they are pretty computer savvy. Granted its not the tech or installers job to go beyond their work ticket to install a line, jack or router and get you up and running that first time out...but for a $20 tip they are usually able to tell you if its something on your end, and even run through your wireless and router settings to see if something is just checked that shouldn't be.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:confused:

Why? Because folks are telling you it's your service? Dang..............I have TWC, I can't recommend anyone else because they all suck. Grow a backbone and call Time Warner, and demand that you get the service you are paying for. 8)

8. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Everyone uses Time Warner?

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

>>Who do you use for Internet service (and LOVE)??<<

I use Time Warner for internet service, and I'm not going to tell you who I use for love.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, If you will check back before you had your temper tantrum, I said please excuse me if you'd already addressed it previously. I don't know what you want from people. :confused: Obviously it IS with Time Warner, so why you are tolerating BS from them is beyond me, but hey, it's your dime.

11. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

I recommended that you do some troubleshooting. There was nothing "obvious" other than you were not happy. Since your husband is in IT (I am as well), you should be asking him to pick the ISP.

I've had issues with speeds before with TW. The first time, we had a modem that was going bad. The second time, my wireless router was dying.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Century Link

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Well... here is another option, what about an air-card through your cell phone provider.