Who is your Internet provider?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cece, Mar 10, 2013.

1. cece

cece Well-Known Member

I am trying to find a cheap Internet provider.... If that is possible.

Who do you have and about what do you pay per month?

Does anyone use NetZero? Are they any good?

If I want to watch netflix how much data will I need to get?

Thanks!

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We use CenturyLink and have no problem streaming Netflix through our blu-ray player wifi with their 10 mbps internet service.

I don't know what the individual service price would be, we have a package deal for phone/internet/cable.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I still use Time Warner because I'm on promotional pricing. When the promotion ends I'll play the game and either cancel or they will lower it. They have no loyalty to their customers so I have no loyalty to them. If Century Link or someone else comes along with a better deal I'll jump.

If I could get a 4G cell signal at my house I would just use my hotspot. If I walk around the corner I get 4G, but only 3G indoors. It makes a huge difference, like comparing dial up to Road Runner.

5. wsresident

wsresident Well-Known Member

Earthlink

We switched from TWC to Earthlink last year because they offer the same service at a lower rate with no contract. We have the "up to 7mbs" option and we stream Netflix almost everyday with no problems. They do have a promotional option for a lower rate for 6 months, but even when it goes up it will still be cheaper than TWC. The funny thing is that Earthlink uses the same cabling that TWC does. It's basically a piggyback service offering. Same service levels, different company name.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-to-time-warner-cable-customers-69893197.html

Good luck!

6. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Anyone have any updates on this topic. We have Centurylink and looking for a better price. Thanks

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

TWC has been running a $14.99/month promotion. Speeds are limited, but it might be worth looking into.

8. anonangie

anonangie Member

Not helpful for cost necessarily but we pay $60 to TWC after taxes- but we have high speed this and that for business purposes and don't have cable so we stream everything and never have issue with speed or service.